Chapter 13 - Meet The Queens

I breathed a sigh of relief as the final verdict was given, I regained my composure and stopped trembling.

Guilty.

Guilty as sin.

I looked up at my father who was staring intently at me as he was being escorted out of the courtroom.

I stared blankly ahead of me until I heard the double doors behind me close loudly.

"I am so proud of you, Scarlett," Melissa grinned, pulling me into a hug.

"I can't believe it's finally over," I sighed, shaking my head, frowning as I noticed she was scowling. "What's wrong?"

"Assper is coming this way," she muttered as I choked back a laugh.

"Assper?" I whispered as she giggled.

"He is a little ass, look at him. Arrogant dick."

"He promised he would show up and he did," I mused to myself as she begrudgingly agreed.

"What are you going to do about the kiss?" She asked as I sighed heavily.

"Try to avoid the topic as much as I can," I shrugged as she suddenly winced in pain. "Are you okay? What's the matter?"

"Pre-period pains," she reassured me as I watched her with uncertainty. "I'm fine, Scarlett. I'll just pop an aspirin and I'll be right as rain in no time."

"Are you – "

"Hey." Jasper interrupted, as he stood in front of me.

"Do you want me to wait for you or..." Melissa trailed off, unsurely.

"I'll come with you, you clearly aren't feeling too good," I told her as she gave me a quick hug.

"I'm fine, woman, honestly. I'll go right home and straight to bed, okay doc?"

"Good. That's what I want to hear," I grinned as she lowered her mouth to my ear.

"I can still kick his fine ass, if you want," she whispered as I smiled at her. "I still have yet to murder Vincent, Assper would be the perfect bonus."

"You're the best, you know that?" I whispered back as she laughed.

"See you later, S," she winked before eyeing Jasper distastefully as she left.

"Is there something wrong with Miss Kingston?" He asked, as soon as she left, taking a seat beside me.

"This is her on a good day," I informed him casually as he laughed.

"You okay?"

"Why don't I hate him, Jasper?" I asked defeatedly.

"You know Scarlett, one thing I really admire about you, is your ability to see the good in anyone you cross paths with. When I told you to stay away from Vincent, you were adamant that he wasn't a bad person; you have never bad mouthed any of the women I slept with, plus, you've put up with me for a year now and I think we can all agree that I am not the easiest of people to get along with." He grinned as I rolled my eyes.

"You're not that bad Jasper, just a little bit of a bitch sometimes," I smirked as he raised his eyebrows in surprise.

"Tsk tsk, Miss Valentina. Almost a year in my office and this is what you pick up."

"Well, I learnt from the best what can I say," I shrugged as he chuckled.

"Come on. Let's go." He said standing up holding his hand out.