Chapter 31 - Wake Up

Jasper's POV

"I've gotta give it to you, kid, you got some balls coming in here and demanding my services like this," Don Varacalli raised an eyebrow, reclining on his seat as we sat in his office.

"Well, I believe there may be someone whom you would like to have a few words with," I shrugged as he narrowed his eyes at me in curiosity.

"And who would that be?"

"Marcus Sasz ring a bell?"

"Bastardo," he growled in Italian. "I will cut that son of a bïtch's balls off and feed it to the merda when I get my hands on him!"

"So, does that mean-"

"Where the fück is he then?" He interrupted, a slight smirk appearing on his face.

"At a warehouse a few hours from here," I replied as he stood up.

"There is only one bïtch who does her dirty work in a warehouse," he muttered, taking out a cigar from his desk.

"Lisbeth Cameron," I said as he nodded in confirmation.

"I've wanted her dead for too long, now," he stated casually, rubbing at his jaw before turning his full attention to me. "What are you going to get out of this?"

"Sir, with all due-"

"They've got your girl, haven't they?"

"Yes." I responded stoically.

Varacalli was one hell of a dangerous man and suffice it to say, I was pretty weary about him finding Scarlett out.

"Relax, boy, I'm not interested in your girl," he told me, his expression clearly amused.

"One thing I don't understand though," I began as he looked at me. "Why wouldn't you just hire someone to look for him yourself?"

"Because I've known where he was ever since he betrayed the Family," he shrugged as I stood there, confused. "I've had enough time to plan what I am going to do with that figlio di puttana, now it is just a case of striking while the iron is hot."

Fucking hell, what kind of neck deep shit had I gotten myself into?

If anything messes this up, it could cost Scarlett's life.

"Like I said, relax, boy. Scarlett Valentina means shït to me," he said, his cigar hanging lazily between his lips. "My men will meet you at the location at eight thirty. Do as they say; you and your girl will be fine - capito?"

"Si, signore," I replied nodding my head. "I will take my leave now. Grazie."

I left Don Varacalli's place and headed straight for my car, slamming the door shut behind me.

I was growing more and more impatient with every god forsaken minute passing, desperately trying not to think of the worst.

This was all my fault.

I hadn't looked after her.

I promised to never let anything hurt her, yet I let her walk straight into this.

Growling in frustration, I hit the gas and drove out of the city where within three hours I was at the location, Varacalli had directed me to. Eight black SUV's were parked neatly alongside each other before one of the doors opened as a tall bulky man stepped out in what looked like a SWAT uniform.

"Will Prescott," he greeted, extending a hand as I noticed his voice was completely void of any emotion.

"Jasper Queen," I shook his hand with a firm grip as he nodded.