Chapter 45 - White Lights

Song: Crazy Beautiful by Andy Grammer.
(I just really, really like the song and although it would probably be better suited for Jasper's POV, it still works in my humble opinion!)

Enjoy!

__________________________

Chapter 45 - White Lights

A couple of hours after Jasper had left, I quickly got on with packing a couple of travel essentials, before debating on what to wear to dinner.

Which just so happened to be halfway across the world.

Shaking my head, I had to smile at Jasper's love of all things extravagant.

As I busied myself with finding something to wear, I almost didn't hear him open the door.

"Have you been in this room since I left?" He questioned, grinning.

I gave him a pointed look. "I did use the shower, you know."

"The ensuite doesn't count as leaving the room, babe," he smirked as I rolled my eyes.

"Jasper, I really honestly do appreciate-"

"The multiple órgasms I give you?" He interrupted lewdly as I gawped at him. "That is what you were going to thank me for, wasn't it?"

"Jasper, please remind me to buy you a filter for your birthday," I muttered while glaring at him. "And a leash."

"And what are you going to do with the leash, dominatrix?" He asked innocently as sighed.

"I'm going to tie it around your neck and suffocate you," I smiled cheerily as he looked as though he was testing the idea out in that wholly inappropriate mind of his.

"Erotic asphyxiation, huh? I think I can get with that." He winked as I groaned, throwing the nearest item most likely to cause him an injury, at him.

"Get out, you're distracting me," I ordered him as I folded my arms.

"No can do, baby," he shrugged before flopping onto the bed. "And if you're looking for something to wear tonight, don't bother. I only need you in your birthday suit."

"God, you're an animal, Jasper," I shook my head as he laughed.

"I'm being serious," he began once he'd sobered up. "I have a dress waiting for you at the Villa."

"And if I don't like it?" I teased although I trusted Jasper's choice would be perfect.

"Birthday suit it is," he shrugged easily before getting off of the bed. "Let's get going otherwise we'll end up having dinner during the early hours of tomorrow morning."

Grabbing the two carry-ons I packed for myself and Jasper, we left the house where within minutes we were making our way into the private jet.

"You okay?" He asked, taking my hand as we were stood near the bar. 

"I don't know about this, Jasper," I admitted as I looked at him. "The last time we went abroad, someone wanted to kill you, and the time before that someone almost succeeded; I mean, obviously it's a little late now, I know, but I'm really -"

"Scarlett, babe, calm down," he interrupted me, softly. "I promise we'll be perfectly fine, okay?"

"You can't promise something like that, Jasp," I smiled sadly as my eyes shifted towards the ground.

"Look at me, Scarlett," he spoke, his tone unnaturally cool and calm. "After I almost lost you because of Lisbeth and her bïtch, I made a vow to you, do you remember? I vowed never to let anyone hurt you again because I am not prepared to lose you for a second time. I don't want you living life with the constant need to keep looking over your shoulder, baby, so trust me when I tell you that you and I are going to perfectly fine and that tonight will be one of the most unforgettable nights of your life."