Chapter 15 - Tears And Tantrums

Scarlett's POV

I closed the door slowly as Jasper left, feeling a little guilty but I knew we couldn't continue whatever this was if I wanted to keep my job.

I walked over to the recliner where the blue and white box was sat on the armrest.

Just as I was about to pull the ribbon back I heard a knock on the door.

Was that Jasper?

I opened the door, almost a little too excitedly, before I saw that it wasn't Jasper - it was Vincent.

"Hello, Scarlett," he greeted smoothly, presenting a bunch of flowers.

"What do you want, Vincent?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"You've been ignoring my texts and phone calls so I thought we could meet in person. Now aren't you going to invite your boyfriend in?"

Was this man on crack?

"Vincent," I laughed almost manically. "You stood me up three times, you then tried to attack me in your own home. Call it clever intuition but I think we are far from being in any sort of relationship."

"Do you think any other guy will want you, Scarlett? Seriously?" He asked bitterly. "Look at you. Weak. Pathetic. You think I didn't notice those ugly scars of yours? Everything about you is ugly."

"Well then, I never realised how alike we really are!" I snapped sarcastically. "Now, leave. If I see you anywhere near my property, I'm calling the police."

I slammed the door shut in his face as I breathed a sigh of relief.

Hopefully that would be the last I ever see of him.

I picked up the Tiffany's box once again and peeled back the ribbon. I lifted the lid to see a beautiful diamond bracelet along with a note inside.

It was either this or a trip to Victoria's Secret. Not that I would mind that though.
- J

I laughed aloud at his silly note as I imagined him walking into Victoria's Secret to go underwear shopping.

Smiling to myself, I ran my fingers along the beautiful gems of the bracelet, deciding I would wear it to tomorrow benefit charity. Placing it back into its box, I picked up my phone from the table to text Jasper.

Thank you for the bracelet, it is beautiful. The note was a little unorthodox, I will admit but thank you.

A few minutes later he replied.

Glad you liked it.

Strange. That was a little curt.

I was expecting some smart-ass, perverted comment.

Rolling my eyes, I decided to go to bed as it had been one long day and I would need the energy if I were to attend tomorrows benefit without collapsing.

Jogging up to my bedroom, I turned the lights off only leaving my fairy lights which lit the room dimly.

As soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out like a light.

***

The alarm rang at six thirty sharp as I yawned loudly.

I groaned, getting out of bed before heading for the shower. I threw on a pair of fitted black dress pants and a grey blouse before choosing an outfit for the benefit.