Chapter 43 - In The Dark

Song: Partition by Beyoncé

Dedicated to @_jayla_ for her comments and profile pic! This early update is for you, hope you enjoy it!

________________________

Chapter 43 - In The Dark

Scarlett's POV

I walked through the office, frowning slightly as I noticed everyone was behaving strangely, either giving me one word answers or avoiding me altogether.

What the hell?

Shrugging it off, I knocked on Jasper's office door before letting myself in.

"Hey, baby," he grinned as I strode over to his desk, folding my arms.

"Don't you hey, baby, me, Jasper Queen," I started as he raised an eyebrow. "Perhaps you could explain to me why everyone who works at this fine establishment is avoiding me like the plague?"

"How would I know that?" He scoffed, running his fingers through his dark hair. "And even if I did, I wouldn't tell you."

"I think you would," I smirked placing my hands on his desk, leaning forward slightly as his eyes flickered to my chest.

"I doubt it," he muttered, averting his gaze.

"Oh, but, I can be very persuasive," I spoke softly as I walked up behind him, placing a lingering kiss upon his neck.

"Don't you have any work to be getting on with?" He grumbled childishly as my hands slid down his clothed chest.

"I'm all finished, Boss," I whispered in his ear. "I could work overtime if that's what you would like?"

"Everyone is working overtime tonight, Scarlett," he informed, grabbing my waist as I fell onto his lap.

"Why? Until when?" I questioned him as he shrugged.

"Until twelve thirty," he replied.

"Since when was keeping your employees working until past midnight even legal?" I muttered as he chuckled.

"I'm Jasper Queen, the -"

"High profile and extravagantly wealthy CEO who cries everytime he watches Titanic and still listens to The Backstreet Boys, trust me, I know who you are." I laughed as he glared at me. "And I used to think you were the one with the heart made of stone."

"I don't know how I put up with you," he sighed as I gave him a pointed look.

"Well if you'd rather have some brainless, plastic bitch hanging off your arm, be my guest," I began. "I'd quite like to get to know Scott from downstairs a little better, anyway."

"Scott Cade from Logistics?" He barked irritably as I nodded.

"I'd love to get to know Mr Cade very well, actually," I sighed dreamily, Jasper's reddening face certainly not going unnoticed.

In a matter of seconds, everything on his desk was pushed off before I found myself on top of it, laying on my back as I looked up at him.

"Is that so?" He growled possessively as his tall figure towered over me.

"I haven't decided yet," I smiled sweetly at him although my heart was pounding loudly inside my chest.

"I'll give you something to decide," he smirked as he unzipped my dress allowing it to fall to the floor while he discarded of his pants and boxers.

"You haven't locked the door," I told him as his smirk widened.

Leaning in closer, he spoke against my lips. "Well, then. Let's hope Scott Cade doesn't need to speak to his boss within the next sixty minutes."