Chapter 32 - Without You

A/N:

Check out the song above, Max Schneider's voice gives me and this chapter life!

This chapter is dedicated to she_is_done_80 for her endless votes! Thank you so much!

———————————————-

Chapter 32 - Without You

Jasper's POV

Ten days.

It had been ten days and Scarlett still hadn't woken up.

I paced the room, running my hands through my hair just as Smith walked in.

"She's a fighter, Jasp, she'll wake up," he said, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I hope so," I muttered, wanting to be left alone with her.

"She's the only girl of yours I've ever liked," he chuckled, smirking slightly. "The only girl who had managed to bring you back down to Earth and teach you the values of how to love and be loved. There's no one quite like our Scarlett."

I nodded, staying quiet, contemplating what he had said, just as my phone began to ring.

"I'll leave you to it, Jasper," he smiled before frowning. "For God's sake, go and take a shower. Do you want her to fall back into a coma as soon as she wakes up?"

I scowled at him as he left although I couldn't disagree with the fact that I had let my personal hygiene slip considerably over the past few days.

"Will," I answered the phone, running my hands through my hair.

"Sir," he replied, his voice as stoic as ever. "Don Varacalli requests for you to be present within the next two hours. It's been over a week since he's kept Sasz and Cameron alive for you."

"I'll be there in an hour." I told him, ending the call.

I walked back over to the bed and brushed Scarlett's blonde hair away from her face, pressing my lips gently to her forehead.

"I'll be back in a while, baby," I whispered. "I love you."

I grabbed my keys and left the hospital, making my way home.

As I neared the gates of my house, I made out a figure banging frantically on my door before I quickly pulled over and jumped out of the car.

"Can I help you?" I called out to the person standing outside my porch door.

"Jasper? Oh, thank God! Jasper, I don't -"

"Vincent?" I barked, interrupting him. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

"Jasper, I didn't mean to do it! I didn't know she would -"

"I am not going to ask you again, you son of a bitch," I spoke calmly, edging closer to towards him. "Why the fuck are you here?"

"I-I told Lisbeth Cameron where Scarlett was!" He blurted out. "She told me all she wanted to do was to 'make up for lost time' with her daughter, but then I found out she was using that Varacalli's ex protégé to keep tabs on her; then I found out she had her kidnapped and now, she's dying - you have to believe me, Jasper, I wouldn't do that to Scarlett -"

I cut him off as I found myself slamming him into the window behind me, my hand wrapped tightly around his neck.

"If I ever hear her name come out of your mouth again, you are going to wish I had slaughtered you right here, right now." I growled lowly as he attempted to nod.