Chapter 35 - Curiosity Killed The Queen

A/N:

The song is 'White Noise' by PVRIS and fits quite well in terms of how Scarlett feels towards the near ending of the chapter. Do check it out!

Without further ado - here's chapter 35, enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------

Chapter 35 - Curiosity Killed The Queen

"Jasper..." I spoke, my voice trailing off unsurely as he continued to watch me, his eyes twinkling with a mixture of amusement and lust.

"What's the matter, Princess?" He smirked tauntingly as I scoffed.

"N-nothing." I replied unconvincingly as his smirk grew even wider.

His body still moulded firmly into mine, he gripped my hips before lowering his lips towards my neck as I stifled a moan. I could feel him trail his lips down my neck until he reached my collarbone; he began to unbutton my shirt so slowly, I let out a frustrated sigh and attempted to quicken the process.

"Oh, I don't think so," he murmured, gently removing my hand as my jaw dropped in disbelief.

"Jas -"

"Shh," he interrupted, continuing to undo my buttons before I clasped my hand tight over his in defiance.

"Do not shush me, Jasper Queen," I narrowed my eyes at him in annoyance. "And if you think I am planning on losing my virginity to you in this sex office of yours, you are severely mistaken."

"Are you jealous?" He questioned bitterly as I watched him with a dumbfounded expression.

"Jealous of all those women you devoured and then tossed to the side like they weren't worthy of being loved by anyone?" I questioned as his face began to turn red. "I'm glad you asked me that before I gave up the one thing I have that your women don't."

I scoffed, shaking my head as I brushed past him and left his office, needing a moment to regain my composure.

I walked into my office, closing the door softly behind me; I was just about to sit down when I noticed a letter addressed to me sat on my desk.

Frowning, I picked it up and almost instantly dropped it when I saw where it came from.

My father.

I was constantly running into the same circles and it was becoming unbearably tiring. If it wasn't one obstacle, it was another and then another and another.

I glared at the unopened letter for what seemed like hours, debating whether or not it was actually worth reading it.

Sighing frustratedly, I picked it up with shaky hands as I tore it open.

Dear Scarlett,

I know I have been not just a terrible father, but a terrible human being in general for the most part of your life. I cannot begin to explain to you what possessed me to become the monster I was towards you nor can I express my regret at my inhumane actions. You are my only child, my daughter, and I failed in cherishing and loving you as any decent father would; for that, I am truly sorry. I understand that a simple apology does not warrant for forgiveness but I would really appreciate it if you would visit me and we can do this in person, together.

I didn't even bother to read the whole thing, I was just so done with him and the shit that came with him.  I threw the letter back onto the desk, ignoring the anger and frustration building up inside of me.