Chapter 19 - Break Down The Walls

It had been two weeks since we had had dinner at Jasper's parents place and it went great. His family were incredibly wonderful, his father had me choking on my own breath with his insulting humour aimed at my boyfriend.

My boyfriend.

It sounded so unfamiliar and foreign to call my boss my boyfriend.

"What are you deep in thought about?" He asked, staring at me strangely whilst he drove back to my place after work had ended.

"I'm not," I smiled as he rolled his eyes. "Want to come in?"

"Yeah, I need to make sure you're safe before I leave you. I hate that you're on your own, Scarlett," he frowned.

"I'm fine, Jasper, I enjoy the solitude sometimes," I shrugged, getting out of the car and unlocking the front door.

"Are you going somewhere?" He quizzed as I followed his gaze to the tiny suitcase sat near the porch.

"Oh, that's Melissa's, she must have forgotten to take it with her."

"I thought she was supposed to be holiday with that hippie boyfriend of hers?" He asked confusedly.

Smiling at how cute the confused look on his face was, I sat him down and told him what had happened with my best friend and her jerk of an ex-boyfriend.

"God," he muttered. "I always assumed it was only my sisters who couldn't choose their men wisely."

Thinking about it, I wasn't sure that my decision about Jasper was any better than those of his sister's or Melissa's, after all he had built quite a reputation with regards to the amount of women he had been with.

Was I just one of his conquests that he would toss to the side once he was done?

My stomach felt uneasy as I tried not to think about it.

"Seriously, what is the matter with you?" Jasper asked, narrowing his eyes at me.

"Nothing, I told you."

"Something has been bothering you since we came back, what is it?"

"It's nothing, Jasper, would you stop worrying so much?" I asked teasingly. "Now, go home, some of us still have a job we'd like to keep."

Jasper and I had discussed that there was no way I was going to quit work much to his annoyance but, thankfully, he relented possibly due to his inappropriate 'consolation prize' as he called it.

"Are you throwing me out?" He asked in amusement, a slight smirk forming on his lips.

"Maybe," I shrugged nonchalantly as he stood up.

"Lucky for you, I will oblige this once as I have something very important to prepare for tomorrow," he said, his smirk growing even bigger.

"What might that be exactly?"

"Just something important," he said, brushing my bangs away from my face. "I'll see you tomorrow, Scarlett."

"Bye, Jasper," I said, smiling.

"Bye, babe, sleep tight." he winked before pressing his lips to my forehead as he left.

Grinning like an idiot, I closed the door behind me before I went upstairs, brushed my teeth, changed into my PJs and jumped in to bed as my mind wondered back to my insecurity.

There was not a doubt in my mind that Jasper would tire of me in the not so distance future, I mean, for God's sake I was still a virgin and him, well, he wasn't. I knew Jasper like the back of my hand and I certainly knew he was not well accustomed with the concept of patience. Although I would have preferred to remain celibate till marriage, I knew deep down that the real reason was because the thought of having someone able to see all of me - scars and all - disgusted me as it would them.