Chapter 50 - Rich To Richest

*IT'S CHAPTER FREAKING FIFTYYYYYY!!!!*

I've included Lucas in this chapter, he's Jasper's best friend if any of you have forgotten! I know I don't really mention him much, since I honestly just wanted to focus on the main characters but I thought I'd change it up a little for this chapter.

Enjoy!

_______________________________

Chapter 50 - Rich To Richest

Jasper's POV

It had been just under two months since we'd found out that Scarlett was pregnant and to say that I couldn't have been a happier man would have been one hell of a lie.

But there was no denying that the reality of the pregnancy had me - a grown adult - absolutely fùcking scared.

I hadn't slept properly ever since we'd found out and the lack of it certainly was not doing me any favors.

I pretended as if the problem wasn't there but I knew it wouldn't take Scarlett very long to figure it out.

"You're doing that thing again," she laughed as I looked up at her.

"What thing?"

"That, I'd so much rather be anywhere but here, thing," she commented, biting her lip. "You've had that look on for weeks now."

"I'm just tired."

"What's going on with you, Jasper?"

"Come here," I replied, after a moment's silence as she gave me a concerned look.

Slowly, she came towards me, cautiously taking a seat on my lap as I gently rubbed her growing stomach.

"Babe, you're really worrying me," she whispered, running her soft fingers through my unkempt hair. "I know you haven't slept in weeks, you don't eat anymore, we haven't even -"

"I'm scared, Scarlett," I confessed, my voice quiet, as silence filled the study where we were sat.

"Of what, Jasper?" Scarlett asked softly, cupping my cheeks with her small hands.

"I've always known how much I've wanted children with you but now that the reality of it has sunken in, I don't know what -"

"Don't you want the baby anymore?" She asked quietly, as if worried about what I was going to say.

I gave her an incredulous look. "Are you fucking kidding me right now? Of course I want the baby!"

"Then I don't get it, Jasper, what are you so afraid of?"

"I'm scared of what will happen to you if something were to happen to our baby," I answered truthfully, feeling unbelievably pathetic. "After everything you've been through, suffering another loss will -"

"What about you? What about us? We're a team, are we not?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. "Jasper just because I've had it a little tougher than others, it doesn't make me some volatile emotional wreck nor does it give you an excuse to undermine and hide your own feelings, especially from me."

"I know," I sighed as she wrapped her arms around my shoulders.

"Is this why you've been acting up ever since we found out?" She asked, giving me her I-can-smell-your-bullshit-so-don't-even-think-of-lying-to-me, look.

"I didn't want to start haranguing you with all my negative shit babe," I replied, shrugging as she glared at me.

"Well, next time, I would very much love for you to harangue me with your negative shit," she informed me as I laughed. "Lack of communication in our relationship has proven to be very toxic, I think we both know that."