Chapter 29 - Déjà Vu

A/N:

Some bits in this chapter are very discomforting, so if you are not comfortable with some of the violence, please don't read it! I wouldn't wish for any of you to feel uncomfortable which is why I made sure to warn you in advance.

I hope you enjoy this chapter!

-------------------------------------

Chapter 29 - Déjà Vu

Scarlett's POV

"Mother." I breathed in sheer disbelief as she circled me, the same way a predator does while examining its prey.

"We'll skip the pleasantries, shall we?" She said nonchalantly as she trailed her long slender finger across my jaw.

A million thoughts and questions were running through my mind but I felt physically unable to utter a single word.

"W-what are you doing?" I stammered, looking up at her. "What is going on?"

Her eyes used to be the warmest shade of chocolate brown, so kind and sincere, and now, looking at her, they had lost any trace of emotion, they were simply cold and detached.

"My, so many questions!" She laughed humourlessly before grabbing a fistful of my hair, yanking my head upwards, painfully, as I bit my tongue. "You will speak only when you are spoken to, do you understand?" She hissed loudly.

"Yes," I whispered as she let go of my hair, pushing my head with such force I almost slumped onto the ground.

The high pitched sound of screaming and loud grunting echoed from the next room as my eyes widened in realisation at what was happening.

It was Marcus, wasn't it?

"What's the matter, baby girl? Can't take the sound of fucking?" She taunted, smirking. "Maybe I ought to stick you in there with them. Marcus will definitely show you a good time."

"Bitch!" I screeched, feeling as though I was about to burst a vein. 

"Did you just speak out of turn to me - again?" She asked, her voice low and dangerous.

"You asked me a question and I answered it." I snarled, knowing I'd just landed myself into more trouble, but someone needed to teach this woman that I wasn't about to go down without a fight.

"Take her to the basement." She snapped her fingers as two of her guards came up beside me, dragging me out of the room.

"What do you want us to do?" One of them questioned as my mother placed a finger on her chin, looking upwards at the ceiling.