Chapter 23 - The Heat Of Hell

"Scarlett, what's the matter? You've barely touched your food," Jasper asked concernedly as we ate dinner at the restaurant. "You've been jumpy and anxious ever since you got back this afternoon. Is everything okay?"

"No, nothing happened," I lied, trying to block out my run in with that man earlier today. "I'm sorry, I'm just worried about... About what everyone will think when we get back home."

That was a quick save, I thought to myself as his features softened.

"Nobody will say anything to you, Scarlett -"

"I'm not worried for me, Jasper." I interrupted as he looked at me in confusion. "It's you who I'm worried for. What if our relationship proves to be damaging for your reputation and the company's?"

This was true. I was very concerned that for me dating Jasper, it would be harmful for the company's reputation, having a girlfriend whose father was a convicted felon, and I didn't want that for him.

"You know, I think I will take myself up on that offer," he muttered darkly as I looked at him. "You need a good spanking."

"Really, Jasper?" I asked, rolling my eyes.

"Really, Scarlett." He stated huskily as I looked into his eyes.

"Stop looking at me as if I am going to be your next meal," I laughed as he smirked.

"Perhaps you will be my next meal," he responded suggestively.

"Keep dreaming, Jasper."

He leaned over the table and whispered lowly. "Oh, I have and I will."

I felt my cheeks redden as I realized what he meant.

"Cat got your tongue, baby?" He questioned lazily as he sat back on his chair.

"Sometimes, I really hate you," I muttered, folding my arms, ignoring the heat pooling in my panties.

What was he doing to me?

"I'm sure you do," he murmured absentmindedly as I felt a hand slide up my thigh before I gasped.

"Jasper! What the hell are you doing?" I snapped quietly. "There are other people here!"

"Does it look like I care?" He questioned arrogantly, his hands now dangerously close to my underwear.

"Jasper!" I snapped again as I looked around the restaurant uncomfortably.

"Mm, a thong," he whispered lowly. "You really do aim to please, Miss Valentina."

His fingers slowly skimmed the inside of the fabric as my heat became more intense and my heartbeat accelerated considerably.

"Right," Jasper announced suddenly as he stood up, leaving me hot and bothered. "I think this meal is done. Shall we?"

I sat glaring at him, waiting for my pulse to return to its normal state before taking his hand. I sat in the car, trying to shake myself out of my frenzied state before Jasper sat down.

"Are you okay, Miss Valentina? There wasn't anything missing from that meal, was there?" He asked innocently, raising an eyebrow as I scowled at him.

"Why did you do that?" I snapped.

"Why? Did you want me to continue?"

Yes! Yes, I wanted you to continue into next year!