Chapter 30 - See You Again

A/N:

IT'S CHAPTER 30 GUYS, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

Check out the song above. It fits this chapter quite well and it's beautiful.

I hope you enjoy this one!

---------------------------------------
Chapter 30 - See You Again

I awoke abruptly, at least a day or two after my encounter with my mother, wondering how or when I even managed to fall asleep.

A sudden pain seared through my body causing me to scream as my eyes trailed down to the side of my left leg which was covered by a thick layer of clotting blood.

"You fücking bïtch!" I screamed as loud as I could although my voice was incredibly hoarse. "You wicked, wicked bïtch!"

Suddenly, the doors were unbolted as Marcus marched his way towards me.

"Shut your fücking mouth," he hissed, pulling my hair downwards as I winced.

"Tell that bïtch to come and do her dirty work herself!" I spat bitterly as his eyes narrowed into slits.

"You just don't learn, do you?" Her sultry voice questioned casually as she strode into the basement. "Ooh, what is that saying? Third time's the charm, is it? Well, daughter, the third time won't be as charming as the first or second, let me assure you."

I kept my mouth clamped shut. I was so physically drained that I was sure I would die the next time I spoke out of turn.

"Haven't got anything to say?" She smirked evilly as I looked straight past her, my gaze passive and detached.

"Boss, please, let me have fifteen minutes with her," Marcus pleaded with her as I tried to keep my face stoic and unaffected.

"You are beginning to pïss me off, Marcus," she said coolly as he bent his head down. "Go, run along now. I'd like to speak with my daughter."

"Yes, Boss," he said quietly before slinking out of the basement.

"Gosh, that cut looks terrible!" She exclaimed, feigning concern.

I bit my lip, looking anywhere but at her.

"Wow, this really has gotten you to shut you mouth, hasn't it?" She asked raising her eyebrows. "Shall I tell you a secret, daughter dear?"

"No." I snapped quietly as she giggled again.

"Well, I'll tell you anyway," she said giddily, her eyes lighting up. "Rumor has it, your boyfriend is on his way here!"

My eyes widened as I began to panic internally - why couldn't he have just listened to me?

"Oh! Are you scared, sweetheart? Would you like some motherly advice?"

"No, you fücking bïtch - no!" I screamed in frustration.

I had had enough of her endless taunts and threats, I couldn't care less what she did now.

"My advice to you is to keep your eyes closed when I slaughter him." She smiled sweetly as my throbbing eyes became watery, tears sliding down my cheeks.

"Why are you doing this, Lisbeth?" I asked weakly.

"Do I no longer deserve to be called Mommy?" She pouted, pretending to be upset.

"No. Not anymore." I replied quietly as she looked at me, her expression unfathomable.

"The answer to your question will be given to you shortly," she smirked, unbolting the doors before leaving.