Chapter 12 - Ecstasy in the driveway...

"Never thought you'd be somebody that IWould be staying with on a Saturday nightTo be honest I don't think you're my typeYet, here we are together two different kinds"

Would be staying with on a Saturday night
To be honest I don't think you're my type
Yet, here we are together two different kinds"

- Chloe x Halle ~ Who Knew

EMPRESS

"Do you resent me, for having your father taking care of me instead of you?" King asked.

The time spent on this date was amazing and considering the things I got to discover about.

He was very kind and a gentleman at that to a mafia leader.

"Yes and no," I simply answered resting my elbow on the table as I sighed, resting my chin on my palm.

"I mostly resent my mother for pushing my father away and my father for complying with her," I expressed. King's eyes locked with mine as he nodded giving me his full undivided attention.

I loved that about him.

Throughout this whole date, I've noticed that he's never looked at his phone or has never been dismayed by me.

"I knew they were looking out for me but damn if they knew how much it would have affected me not having a father figure in my life-"

"I just wished they have would have-"

"Tried harder," JongWoo finished as I nodded.

Flicking my eyes to his hat that rested on the table I smiled reaching out for it, while JongWoo only watched me in curiosity.

"Enough about me," I said placing his hat on top of my messy afro trying to change the topic.

JongWoo chuckled showing off his pearly white teeth which in return I did as well.

"Gosh, I love your smile," he said under his breath.

Looking down in embarrassment, I took his hat off before handing it back over to him.

"I-" he opened his mouth to say something when the sound of his phone ringing stopped him.

Hell.

"Yes," he answered his voice low and stern.

"What? You know I'm busy so deal with that shit yourself," he growled flickering his eyes to me before continuing.

"Understood? Good." JongWoo smiled resting his phone done facing up.

"Sorry about that," he apologized.

_________
THIRD POV
_________

"It's okay-"

"No, it's not I'd like to have my full undivided attention on you because everything about you is beautiful, Empress Black," he rasped making Empress gulp.