☾72

God I wish that you had thought
this through before I went and
fell in love with you

God I wish that you had thought this through before I went and fell in love with you

"Hey Darling come in." The sweet, welcoming tone from Mrs Lee caused Yeonhee's spirits to lift from its dampened mood for the past two weeks.

"Hey, how are you?" Yeonhee asked, sliding her coat and shoes off as the woman closed the door behind her.
"Great! How have you been?"
"I've been good thank you, did Matthew find his way to uni okay?"

"He did, thanks for taking him the other day- I'm glad he knows someone there. Is Mark doing okay? We haven't heard from him in a while, his comeback is soon isn't it?"

The question caused Yeonhee's smile to falter slightly, greeting Mark's dad who was sat on the sofa.
"He's busy lately, preparing for a comeback is hard work so I haven't really seen much of him lately."

They all three were sat in the living room, Mrs Lee placing down a plate full of snacks for Yeonhee which was slightly new for her but she thanked the woman regardless.

Mr Lee hummed knowingly.
"Mark's job is hard but we're proud of him for being so dedicated and hard working."
Yeonhee nodded in agreement, knowing it was true. "How is your job going?" He inquired.

"It's going good, the new collection is coming out that I've worked hard on so I hope everyone likes it."
"Of course they will! You've got a big talent and people will love it."

"I really hope so, are you settling into Korea okay?"
"Yes honey, don't worry about us. How are things with you and Mark?" Mrs Lee asked.
"Treating you well I hope." His Father cut in.

"Yes- he is, honestly can't fault him. You both did an amazing job in raising him."
"Aw thank you honey, you're such a sweet girl- your parents must've raised you right too."

If only she knew

Yeonhee just managed a smile, changing the topic as the three of them talked about anything without it being awkward, laughing together which was something she found so uncommon in her own household growing up.

"Mark was really cute as a child." Mrs Lee said, soft smile as she had the photo album out flickering through the pages.

He still is cute
Now I miss him

That's how they spent their remaining time together, looking at Mark's baby pictures and sharing stories about his childhood. A smile remained on Yeonhee's lips at them all.

It was a nice feeling, being surrounded by parental figures of someone so close to you that they almost feel like your family.

M2TRAPPY 😎