☾BONUS CHAPTER 2

"Oh shit

"Oh shit." The heavily pregnant Yeonhee cursed under her breath, the strange feeling overcoming her and more specifically down her legs.

Yeonhee placed her hand on the bathroom counter where she was in the process of brushing her hair, the hairbrush went clattering on the counter and she stood there frozen for a minute.

Slowly glancing down, she felt as though her mind went blank and she looked back up. There was no reaction for a good minute or so, the only sound in the house being the distant sound of her husband laughing loudly as he was on the phone to one of the boys- most likely Johnny.

It's fine
It's just that your water broke
So fine
Wait
Am I in labour
Wow who would've thought the day would come-

The sudden strong surging pain shooting through her caused her to sharply inhale, closing her eyes to compose herself.

"Mark!" She called out but he didn't hear her, too busy laughing down the phone followed by excited chattering about who knows what.

"Mark!" Yeonhee yelled louder, this time hearing his voice quieten down at the fact she called him Mark which was only when she was angry, and the fact that she most likely dropped something on the floor and couldn't pick it up again.

"Yeah bro like that's mad," his voice getting closer as he had reached upstairs, still on the phone. "Yeah, but like give me a minute- alright- yo tell the little guy that I'm actually Spider-Man. Uncle Mark by day but Spider-Man in disguise."

"Mark, come here."
"Yo call you back later, let me know when he wants to hang out." Mark hurried to finish the call, entering their bedroom expecting to see her but she wasn't there.

The light on in the bathroom indicated her whereabouts, him walking towards it.
"Babe you know Grayson found pictures of that Halloween costume I wore- the Spider-Man one and he was so excited like he's all like- I can't believe you got to be Spider-Man. It was so damn cute like-" Mark was so far in his own world of talking that when he entered the bathroom, the blank expression on Yeonhee's face didn't register.

"Mark,"
"Yeah babe, what's with the Mark- are you craving that weird thing again because like I just came back from the store and I didn't get any."
"No- shit. You fucker." She cursed at the agonising feeling, scrunching her nose up in the waves of pain that began to surge through her.

"Yo I'm sorry! Listen, I'll go get them now don't worry about it like I got you-"
"Oh my god, Mark. My water just broke."

"What?" His dumbfounded, slight stupid question left his lips as he stood there.
"My waters broke." She repeated, slower this time.

There were a few seconds of silence as he stared at her, her staring back at him.
"Like...broke broke?"
"What the- how else? Yes broke broke."
"Oh."