☾106

Your silent sorrows, it shakes me

It was in evening when Hyunjae came home from hanging out with her friends, saying she was going to catch up on her favourite series before going to bed, ignoring Yeonhee reminding her she had uni tomorrow

The girl sighed, beginning to put away her freshly washed clothes away to where they usually go while she remained deep in thought. Maybe she should stop, was she too overbearing to him because she keeps telling him to rest?

Yeonhee ran her fingers stressfully through her hair, replaying it again as she couldn't seem to take her mind off of it.
Did she worry too much? Too much that it was annoying to him?

The girl sighed, shaking her head of the negative thoughts that began to seep into her head.
She knew he'd do the same for her, he'd worry endlessly but she just wished he would understand why she was so worried.

Folding the clothes seemed to take longer than expected, more so when she kept zoning out while doing it.

Infiltrating the relatively quiet atmosphere of her room, the door swinging open hurriedly caused surprise to ripple through her at the sight of a slightly frenzied looking Mark.

His hair was messy from the continuous anxious action of having his hands in it, it was as if he had ran all the way to her apartment from the way his breaths were uneven, dropping his bags to the ground without even a second glance.

His eyes found her as soon as he entered her room without any prior indication he was even visiting, his sudden presence confusing her but his cheeks looked flushed and he sported a saddening expression through slight down curve of his lips.

The thud of his bags along with his jacket that was in his hands went unnoticed by him as he practically strode over to her.
"What are you-" her confused, worrisome voice cut itself off when his arms wrapped itself around her body to pull her flush against him in the physical attempt to soothe whatever had happened.

"I'm sorry." He breathed out, swallowing down the feeling of the twisting of his gut which tightened the more he felt the pent up anxiety and despair push against his throat. "I'm sorry." He repeated, clearer this time his head dropping to the dip in her shoulder and neck.

He could feel it, the vicious claws grasping at his every nerve, every inch of his skin alight with the burning sensation searing across his body. A dull ache at his head, eyes screwed closed as he practically clutched onto her. His body was trembling slightly, she could tell by the way his arms rested against her back.

Reciprocating the tight embrace with her arms around him, her hand found the back of his head where she held him closer to her as if to keep him safe from whatever was currently happening to him.

"I'm sorry baby, I should've listened to you but I...I just, I don't know." His voice unsteady as it trembled, thickening with the emotions that tauntingly threatened to burst.