☾96

It was still early in the morning, well early enough that Mark wanted to just give into the feeling of his eyes growing heavier, hazy with sleep

The disoriented boy was laying on his back, his hand resting on his abdomen as the other lifted to rub at his sleep ridden eyes- adjusting to the streaks of light cutting through the gap in the curtains.

He glanced to the side to see Yeonhee laying on her stomach, hair covering her face and still fast asleep. Mark turned on his side, resting his head on the pillow at the same height she was- gentle as he moved her hair out of her face.

The feeling against her skin made her nose scrunch up, shifting so her head was buried in the pillow. He frowned, concerned the girl would genuinely suffocate.

Before he could do anything, his phone began to ring loudly which made him jolt at the sudden sound- sitting up to grab it.
He heard the girl next to him groan sleepily, the sound having pulled her out of the blissful sleep.

Yeonhee turned on her back, half closed eyes looking to see Mark had picked up the call and spoke a little quieter than usual, not wanting to disrupt her even more.

Unable to get comfortable again, Yeonhee turned on her side facing the boy that glanced down to see how she was pulling the covers to her chin.

"Yeah, that's fine- okay." He spoke, unable to stop the soft smile grazing his lips at how cute and sleepy she looked curled up with her eyes closed but lips lightly pouted in a frown at the fact she couldn't get back to sleep.

As he was speaking, Mark's hand reached out to tenderly rub her head almost as a good morning but she only nuzzled further into the warmth of the bed.
Yeonhee felt a gentle pinch at her cheek and his thumb mindlessly stroke the softness of her skin, making her open her eyes but she was still fighting the urge to sleep.

She could hear him finishing up the call, the sound of a small thud of probably his phone being placed on the bedside table was then followed by shifting besides her but she had already closed her eyes and lacked energy to actually get up.

"Happy birthday, birthday girl." He greeted quietly with a jovial smile upon seeing her lips stretch into one.
"You've already said it." She mumbled, remembering he had said it exactly when it hit midnight.

He laughed under his breath at how adorable she looked, her feeling his hand slide to the back of her neck that caused shivers rippling through her body.
"Maybe I wanted to say it again."

Her lack of reply was indicating that she was slowly fading into her sleep but he glanced at the clock, knowing he had quite a lot planned for his girlfriend.

"Let's get up." He suggested, his fingers lightly tickling the nape of her neck which made her squirm- shaking her head.
"I'm sleeping."
"Come on." He drawled out, coaxing her to get up.
"But I wanna stay in bed all day."
"That sounds nice but we've got a busy day."