【Chapter 23】

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┊  ┊   ┊ ┊ ┊   ┊

┊  ┊   ┊ ┊   ✧   ┊

┊  ┊   ✧   ┊    ┊

┊  ✧        ✧   ┊

┊     ✧

Looking out the window as she saw a shooting star (Y/N) closed her eyes and wished for something only to open them once more. Slowly getting up from her bed she quietly walked over towards her dresser drawer and pulled it open, putting her hand inside as she took out some clothes.

Slipping on her flats (Y/N) walked out of the room as quietly as possible and walked down the stairs and onto the first floor. Opening the front door (Y/N) stepped out and closed it tightly, walking down the steps as she walked over towards the woods.

Heading inside the woods (Y/N) followed the smell of where there was a lake and walked there. Passing by huge numbers of trees (Y/N) smiled as her hand brushed by a lavender rose, its beautiful light-colored petals shining under the gentle moonlight.

"You seem to be dying a bit..." (Y/N) whispered under her breath, kneeling beside it ignoring the fact that the precious nightgown that Meliodas gave her was being dirtied. Gently cupping it with one hand a soft (F/C) glow emitted from her hand. In response to this, the flower began to gain more color as its droopy head was now fully risen.

Feeling happy about her accomplishment (Y/N) rose as she began to walk back to where the lake should be. Passing by a huge boulder (Y/N) walked by a bush as she pushed away some leaves from a tree to reveal a breathtakingly beautiful lake.

Freezing in her steps (Y/N) took a moment to admire the clear lake's night beauty. The way that the moon's light shone down on the water as it reflected causing the lake's water to shine and tinkle, copying the winking of the stairs as crickets resounding with one another, their music infinite and calming to those willing to hear.

Taking in a deep inhale to remember the addicting scent (Y/N) small smile became wider as her face was now like one of a child, bright and joyful. Letting go of her clothes they dropped down on the ground as she ran towards the lake, jumping up as she was now two inches away from it.

Closing her eyes (Y/N) felt as she collided against the lukewarm waters, sinking. Opening her eyes she let her breath go as she began to breathe underwater. Quickly swimming over towards where some little fishes were swimming together the little fishes didn't seem to mind as (Y/N) neared them and admired them, instead, some neared her.

Her childish smile was still on her face as she softly touched a fish, making sure that she didn't put too much pressure on it as to not kill it. Waving goodbye to the little fishes (Y/N) swam over towards the surface as she pierced through it, the cool night air touching her drenched skin as the noises were less muffled now as she could finally hear the crickets once more.