【Chapter 27】

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐯*

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┊  ┊   ┊ ┊ ┊   ┊

┊  ┊   ┊ ┊   ✧   ┊

┊  ┊   ✧   ┊    ┊

┊  ✧        ✧   ┊

┊     ✧

The overlapping conversations of dozens of people drinking, laughing, and betting on who would win the Vaizel Fighting Festival resounded in the eccentric air—it's contagious excitement spreading rapidly as now almost everyone from the town of Vaizel encircled the wide circle of the fighting ring, a floating metal-hat man levitating at the heart of the arena as his bellowing voice struck into the attention of everyone.

"The Vaizel Fighting Festival Finals begins now!"

Turning her bored (e/c) eyes to stare at the floating weirdo, (Y/n)'s hair swayed gently around the left side of her shoulder, some strands tickling her face as she scrunched her nose in slight disgust as a few smokers passed by her, laughing in joyous fun. Sighing, she again turned her full attention back as she remained by the side of Meliodas, but this time, he was slightly distracted by instructing Hawks of his current assignment.

"Now, Hawks, you better sell out all the beer because we are having a few financial troubles with the tavern. So, if you don't get that money soon I'll make sure to roast you when we no longer have any food! Sounds good, bud?"

Meliodas' happy-go-lucky voice paired with his closed eyes smile creeped Hawks out, his cute pink face twisting into a sweat as he urgently nodded his head.

'How cruel!'

"Y-Yeah... whatever! The great mighty Hawks will sell this out in no time!"

And with that, he was off and running into a pooling drunk crowd as the sound of cheering could be heard upon his arrival. Moving her eyes over towards her Master, she placed a gentle hand on his shoulder, her voice monotone as she leaned down to whisper in his ear as her eyes remained set on the floating announcer.

"You know... Hawks might get a heart attack soon, and you may get a chance to roast him and place an apple in his mouth if you continue taunting him like that."

With an amused laugh, Meliodas eagerly grasped her hand that lay on his shoulder, holding it in his own smaller one as he neared her soft skin closer to his lips, holding  her hand in a controlling and tough manner as he kept his emerald green eyes trained on her unfocused ones with great value held in them for her.