【Chapter 5】

ஜ۞ஜ

ஜ۞ஜ

*(𝐘/𝐍) 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

Walking down the path towards Bernia Village Meliodas was by my side as Elizabeth had her arms wrapped around my left arm while Hawks was walking right next to Meliodas. Meliodas began to talk about how important was this village, all because of their famous bernia ale. I already knew about all this, Meliodas would always recite the same things time and time again whenever we would get back here for more ale.

"But this river is completely dry." Hearing Hawks remark snapped me out of my trance as I looked down on where Hawks was staring at. He was right, it was empty. "The herbs around it are also drying up." Elizabeth said as we all looked down at the now non-existent river.

"This is definitely worrying, whatever it was it must have been done against the villager's will. Nothing can just dry up the river like this, even with the cruelty of time it still survived, someone must have done this." I said, worried about if the sword that I saw earlier had something connected with his, that must explain what the villagers were trying to pull out. If they can't pull it off it must have been done by someone stronger than them by a lot, like a holy knight.

Finally arriving at the village the crowd that I saw before seemed to have consisted of almost every villager here, though, wheres Mead? Looking around I couldn't see him in my line of sight, giving up I began to pay more attention to what the others were saying, something about Elizabeth thinking this was a festival of some sort.

"Hello!" Meliodas said as he was the first of us all to approach the villagers, one villager in particular turned around to face Meliodas. "Oh, the manager of the Boar Hat." spoke one of the villagers who had a red shirt on with green skirts.

"Today is the festival of...?" Meliodas asked the villager who answered him. I looked at him with a dumbfounded expression, does he actually think this is a festival? This place reaks of frustration, as well as the people trying to pull out a sword on the ground. How do you not see it? Oh yeah, he's short.

Another man turned around, this one with an angered expression, "Huh? This ain't a festival. We are trying to draw a sword that a holy knight buried." Once he finished his sentence all four of us looked ahead, finally the realized whats happening here.

Once Meliodas and the others starting talking I began to inspect the buried sword, the power that was radiating off of it was something very similar to my fathers, electricity, king of the skies. I let out a small fond smile draw itself on my face, it has been a while since I last thought about him, though I know shouldn't even think about him anymore, so I should stop. With that, I let my neutral face resurface, completely letting go of the fond expression on my face.