【Chapter 25】

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┊  ┊   ┊ ┊ ┊   ┊

┊  ┊   ┊ ┊   ✧   ┊

┊  ┊   ✧   ┊    ┊

┊  ✧        ✧   ┊

┊     ✧

"The town clinging to the side of the mountain is Vaizel. It's a merchant town." Standing obediently beside Meliodas' side, (Y/N) scanned over the small town as she examined its routes and bridges, the places most populous and the least. Catching (Y/N) nod, Meliodas huffed, glancing away from her as he returned to looking on at the town.

"Is it really here?" Hawks inquired, staying right beside (Y/N) as he caught the limited—yet interesting—communication that occurred between the two of them. (Y/N) nodded, "Indeed, this is Vaizel. The patron looked too drunk to be telling a lie, so the hammer's whereabouts must be true." Listening to what (Y/N) was reporting, Hawks nodded. "I guess you're right."

"Don't you remember him also saying that it was so big no one could wield it?" Meliodas mentioned to Hawks, the male in return nodding as Elizabeth stared at Meliodas in curiosity. "No one could wield it?" Elizabeth mumbled, fantasizing about how huge and mighty such a weapon could be as it was interpreted in such a way.

"Could it be Diane's-"

"Screw that, do something about my clothes!" Peering over at the topless Ban, (Y/N) tilted her head to the side in bewilderment. Wasn't he wearing clothes just last night? Or was she not paying enough attention to him as to not detect just a shift in image?

"Cover up with an apron." Lightly nudging Meliodas, (Y/N) cleared her throat and gave Ban a small smile. "Don't worry about clothing, Ban; I have a few clothes that would look lovely on you-"

"That's not important!" Grabbing Meliodas by the waist (Y/N) hugged him close as she shielded his eyes in fear of shooting dust or debris reaching at him, injuring his eyesight. Floating for a few seconds in mid-air without wings or magic, (Y/N) promptly fell down soon after she was thrown up in the air. Getting back down (Y/N) set Meliodas down on the floor gently, sweeping off any dirt that was on his hair or outfit.

"Why am I being left behind to mind the tavern?!" Diane protested vehemently as she sobbed, not envying to be left all alone by herself. "We have to. Ever since a Giant went wild at their festival a few years back, they've been banned from town." Meliodas explained to her, not caring much about the crying Giantess.