【Chapter 28】

*Authors Pov*

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┊  ┊   ┊ ┊ ┊   ┊

┊  ┊   ┊ ┊   ✧   ┊

┊  ┊   ✧   ┊    ┊

┊  ✧        ✧   ┊

┊     ✧

With (e/c) eyes intensely staring up at the two mighty people in front of her, invited to fight the other inside of an extensive ring, (Y/n) proceeded to examine the familiar figure of the woman. Though clad in a lengthy black robe, masking most of any distinct features that they may have, the hat did no benefit in further giving evidence to the person or... persons that (Y/n) thinked they were. Not that it mattered, because as she stared at them, their (e/c) eyes as perceptive like a hawk, it was clear who they were. From the scent to the blended auras. Taking a bite of an apple that Meliodas gifted her, (Y/n) gave herself a brief break, their hair doing well to mask most of her face as the wind generated by Griamore was vicious. Humming quietly for a moment, thinking of how did her precious girl ever came to such a size, the sudden wind picked up as the overcoat covering the 'enigmatic' woman was suddenly blown off leaving behind the figure of a dark-haired woman wearing the tavern uniform.

Suddenly, punches were being delivered instantaneously at the sheltered Griamore, and as (Y/n) observed her try again and again to even place a dent in their protective barrier, she sighed. Glancing to the side with dazed (e/c) eyes, (Y/n) caught sight of Meliodas staring at her. Clearing her throat as calmly as possible, (Y/n) urgently left King's side, sliding off of the floating pillow even if the rigid grip on her shirt from King was troublesome to pry off of she still went by her Master's side; stopping there as she kept her head bowed and stance docile. Even as she stood by his side, their head bowed to the point where their eyes could no longer see the sight of any other man, Meliod just kept on... staring. It was a dominating, menacing stare. 'I was too... comfortable with other people...'

With a voice as caring as a mother reprimanding their child, he spoke, their lips contorted into a tender smile. "Be careful, (Y/n). Remember who truly matters..." Meliodas placed their harsh hand on (Y/n)'s concealed shoulder, giving it a tight—promising—squeeze. Meliodas then looped his arm around her waist, drawing her closer to his head as she now stood fixed by his side with the only sign of disobedience left at that moment being the bruise on her shoulder. All the while, Ban remained restrained, standing off to the side as he watched all of this unfold with vindictive fiery eyes like a birthing inferno, waiting to be freed. All that he could hear was the words of Diane. The words that sounded so solemn, so bitter..