Embarrassing

Toni Topaz is basically surviving off coffee and good luck. She's three years into medical school, and she already wants to throw her hands up and admit defeat. This isn't really what she wanted for herself anyway, she has always pictured herself as a photographer or working in a greasy motorcycle shop. But life mapped out a different path for her, and she decided to follow it. With a yawn, she pushes into the little diner that sells the best cup of joe in this part of her school and tosses her bag down before she looks to the front of the shop and stops short at the sight of the woman scribbling in one of her notebooks.

Fiery hair. Perfectly styled clothes. Dark brown eyes. Lips that twist into dangerous smiles. It's the same woman that has been giving Toni heart palpitations since she saw her for the first time. With a terrified squeak, Toni dives towards her bag and frantically digs through it until she can find her phone and quickly pull up her group chat. Her fingers work quick across the keyboard and she bites her lip as she sees the chat come alive with her friends.

Toni: She's here again!!!

Jughead: And here we go.

Sweets‍‍‍: talk to her, tiny!

Toni: And say what?!?!

Fangs: Something coherent?

Ronnie: Hi. I'm Toni Topaz. I've been stalking you for ages and I really want to take you out on a date.

Toni: I haven't been stalking her!

Sweets: OMG she's so hot! OMG she smiled at me today!

Fangs: I want to get lost in her eyes. She has an amazing figure. Nobody should look that good in red.

Ronnie: She has red hair. Who has red hair that perfect? She probably smells like roses.

Jughead: Her lips look so soft. Her hair looks like silk. Her skin is so smooth. She's beautiful.

Fangs: My personal favorite is the one where she confessed her undying love to us.

Toni rolls her eyes as she glares at her phone while it continue to vibrate in her hand. She sometimes hates her friends, but she also knows they're kind of right; she has been obsessing over the beautiful woman who walks in the diner and begins her to study every day at five forty five. With a hard sigh, Toni subtly lifts her phone as she opens her camera app and focuses it on the woman skimming her textbooks. As soon as it is lined up perfectly, Toni snaps the picture and a horror bubbles low in her gut as the bright flash dances around her.
(btw thats so embarrassing)

It only takes three seconds for brown eyes to find her, and Toni swallows hard as she sees those soft lips turn up into a smirk. She considers running, the last thing she wants is for this stranger to come over and say something about how she's a freak; Toni doesn't think she could stomach it if her perfect angel unknowingly broke her heart. But Toni is a Topaz and their luck has always been shit, and soon the woman is sliding from her chair and crossing the dirty floor of the diner with quick ticks of her high heels before she slides across from Toni.

"You know," The woman begins as she balances her chin in her hand. "If you really want a picture that bad then you should at least make it flattering. That isn't my good side."

"I don't think it's possible for you to have a bad side." Toni mumbles, and her cheeks color as eyebrows rise. "I-I mean um...hi, I'm Toni Topaz and I've been stalking you for ages and I really want to take you out."

The stranger gaps, "Wow."

"No! Wait! That came out so creepy and wrong. I was just quoting something my friend suggested I say and once it was out of my mouth I realized how horrible it probably sounded. I don't normally act this stupid." Toni groans. "Anyway, I'm Toni. Nice to meet you."

"Cheryl Blossom." The woman smiles.

"Cheryl." Toni repeats as a grin slowly slides across her face while she shyly ducks her head away. "It's nice to finally meet you."

"Oh, I think fate would have eventually brought us together. You basically live here." Cheryl reminds her with a smirk as she tilts her head. "Now, how about you take that picture?"

Toni blinks in awe, "Are you sure?"

Cheryl gives a dramatic pose, "I'm ready for my close up, Toni Topaz. Shoot me like one of your French girls."

Toni bursts into a fit of giggles as she pulls her camera app open and begins to snap playful pictures. By the time she is done, her photo album is jam packed of random shots and her contacts have one new number. Cheryl leaves her with plans for a date the next evening, and Toni fidgets in delight as the woman sweeps from the diner with a glance over her shoulder. A look of satisfaction appears on her face as she feels her phone dance against her hand before she sees the multiple messages from their group chat.

Jughead: T, are you there?

Sweets: she's prob drowning in her drool.

Ronnie: Give her some credit...

Ronnie: She probably asked for a cup to drool in!

Sweets: Ouch. Good one, babe.

And then Toni sends them her photo of Cheryl.

Ronnie: Who is THAT?

Jughead: I understand your level of distraction now.

Fangs: That is one hot redhead.....

Ronnie: Wait...red hair...brown eyes...perfect smile...IT'S THE MYSTERIOUS STALKING VICTIM!

Toni: Her name is Cheryl. We have a date tomorrow night.

Toni turns off her phone and beams; looks like she wasn't such a complete goof after all. Her bad luck has finally paid off in the form of a date with her beautiful stranger.