Never leave me again

What should happen in 3x16

"Out of the way, you uneducated folk!"

Cheryl's voice filled the hallway of Riverdale High. I turned and saw her. She was walking down the hallway, head up like a queen.

just like old times.

a bright, but oh so fake smile was present on her lips.

i knew she was hurt. and i was the reason.

after our fight at the speakeasy one week ago we haven't seen each other.

i asked Veronica if i could stay at hers for as long as i and Cheryl are gonna sort out the recent problems in our relationship.

we also haven't text since the last time together.

it was hard but i knew it was worth it. i knew it would be good for both of us. but that didn't mean i couldn't miss her.

of course i did. god, and how i did. more than i have anything else in my life. ever.

to feel her next to me in bed. having her right by my side when i wake up. just her scent. i craved it.

and exactly this scent was shaking me out of my thoughts. cherries & vanilla.

i looked up just to catch a short glimpse of red hair pushing past me. and before i could say anything, she was gone. i sighed. i need to talk to her. this needs to stop.

after the rehearsal for the musical, the stage began to empty.

now was my chance.

Cheryl was currently packing her things together, getting ready to leave.

we were the last ones left.

a heavy tension was in the air.

now or never.

"Cheryl...", i began, almost whispering her name.

she stopped with all she just did. obviously surprised at my attempt to talk to her. and i continued.

"i... i know we aren't on good terms right now and i know you are probably mad at me and i know i have no right to tell you what to do, but i just need you one thing to know", i tried to express my feelings.

Cheryl still hasn't faced me, which made me questioning if she even wanted to talk to me. But i needed those things to get out of my heart , cause it was really gnawing me from the inside out.