In the office

Sorry but i had to😂

It was the first day of the week, a beautifully sunny day for a workday. Toni was just getting off her bike at the parking lot of her office when her phone started vibrating, notifying her of new text messages. Her teen self wouldn't give any mind. She used to be a member of many of those party group chats that would spam her all day, but a lot of things have changed since. Unnecessary text messages were less likely to happen. So, she knew that whatever the messages were, they must be important.

She looked at her phone and she was surprised to see that indeed it wasn't a text message but a phone call from her very own office. She frowned and started walking towards her office with slow steps trying to think of various of possible scenes; "Did someone break in into my office?", "is Hiram threating me now?". She looked around the parking lot and saw her secretary's car parked just a few lots next to her bike. "Jessie would have used her own office number to call me". As she got closer to her office's building something shiny caught her eye. It was her favourite car. The beautiful, well preserved antique red impala. There is only one person in this town or maybe even possibly in this whole country who owns a car just like that.

She started walking faster towards the building of her office realising who must be messing around inside her office. When she got inside, she saw Jessie standing up from her sit. "Ms. Topaz I tried-"Toni interrupted her walking faster towards the door of her office "I know Jessie, don't worry, thank you". She opened the door, and her assumptions became reality. Cheryl was sitting at her office chair, sketching inside Toni's agenda.

Toni: "Cheryl? what are you doing here?"

Cheryl: "Finally, you are here. I came to see if my money went to waste, did you find any teachers?"

Toni frowned. A little disappointed with Cheryl's reason of her visit. She closed the door behind her and walked across the room to stand just in front of her office. It was weird to see someone sitting on her chair, but for some reason it didn't feel the same with Cheryl.

Toni: "I promise you, your money did not go to waste and we are still working on that. In the meantime, Archie, Veronica, Betty, Jughead and I volunteered to teach there".

Cheryl: "What? Since when do they have a degree in education? Toni, that's not what I expected when you said you have a plan."

Toni: "They don't and neither do I, it's just temporary. We need to slow down Hiram taking over Riverdale until we find a solution. Trust me, it's going to work".

Cheryl: "and what exactly do you teach?"

Toni: "Well, Kevin is the only licensed teacher, so he took most of the classes that based on my studies I would have been qualified enough to teach. The only spot remaining was the coach job for the vixens."

Cheryl: "are you seriously implying that you, a pregnant woman, will be coaching a bunch of noisy teens, while also being a social worker and a bartender? You play a very dangerous game Toni."

Something in Toni woke up "she knows I am a bartender?".

Toni: "We used to be vixens, remember? And yes, I am willing to do that until we find a replacement. I would do anything to keep my promise".

Cheryl: "Do you have the Vixens schedule?"

Toni: "Yes, why?"

Cheryl: "I am not going to let the vixens get coached by a pregnant woman. They need someone who can put them on their toes, and I will not let the title of the vixens get any more ruined. Also, whoever is teaching art can go and do something else, I will take over."

Toni: "I am confused, are you doing this for me or for the vixens?"

Cheryl: " I am doing this for the sake of my money"

Toni: "Sure... Well, I am glad that you want to help. You have done so much and without you we wouldn't have been able to do the first step to save Riverdale. Thank you, Cheryl, really. I will text Kevin to let you know about the Art class schedule".

Cheryl stays silent for a moment until...

Toni: "as much as I like seeing you behind my last name plate sitting on my chair, I really have to work now, did you want something else?"

This made Cheryl blush and Toni suddenly felt a wave of pride and hope.

Cheryl: "Uhm no. That is all for now. I want to be informed about everything that's happening in that school and the plan. You will be expecting more visits from me".

Cheryl stood up, making her way towards the door.

Toni: "Okay, I will let my secretary know that"

Cheryl: "No need"

Toni: "No need?"

Cheryl: "She got a little taste of the HBIC earlier. I am not someone who needs to get permission to enter offices. Especially yo-. in Riverdale. Tootles!"

By the time Cheryl left, Toni immediately felt a sense of regret for ending the conversation and making the redhead leave. But as much as she wanted to stay all day just listening to the voice of her ex and smiling at her attempts of challenging her with her attitude, she really had to work. She sat down on her chair, still warm from Cheryl's body heat, and opened her agenda on today's date. Her eyes winded when she saw what Cheryl had been sketching before her arrival. It was a perfect detailed sketch of a woman's vulva, not sure if it was hers or someone else's, with the sidenote "it's beautiful isn't it?". Toni chuckled and went to her window, hopping for a clear view of Cheryl's car and indeed she had. She quickly picked up her phone and texted the redhead.

From Toni: "yes, it is"

She saw Cheryl getting into the car and searching inside her bag for her phone. "She must have heard my text message". Cheryl locked off her phone and smiled bright at Toni's message, not slightly aware that Toni was looking at her. It was that moment that Toni realized that what she had with Cheryl seven years ago is far from over.