29

Ace's POV

I brought Alexia to my room and locked the door behind me as she stared at me in confusion.  

"Why bring me here?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"We need to talk." I stated.

"We do, don't we?"

"I know I acted like a cold hearted—" I started but she cut me off. "Bitch? Asshole? Motherfucker? Jerk? Dick? Prick?"

"Shut up, woman." I sighed, "Fammi finire, vuoi? quella tua lingua ti metterà nei guai."

[ Let me finish, will you? that tongue of yours will get you in trouble.]

"Get to the point." She hissed

"I wanted to apologise for acting the way I acted." I said.

Look at me, Ace De Santis is apologising to a woman because of the way he acted. God why did I even do that?

She looked at me for a few seconds before nodding. "Apology noted. Acceptance is still pending." 

Rolling my eyes at her answer, i walked to the door not before saying,"Get ready for the gala."

~

It was almost time for the gala. I went to take a shower, got dressed then made my way downstairs.

********************************************

Alexia's POV

After Ace left my room after apologising for acting like a fucking dick towards me, i went in the bathroom and prepared myself for the gala. Once i was done, i looked at myself in mirror. And damn, did i look beautiful. My silver dress hugged my body perfectly. Satisfied with my look, i headed downstairs where everyone was waiting.

Ace was texting someone while looking all hot in his black suit while the others were talking to each other. "Look at you!", Arielle shouted as i turned my gaze on her. She looked absolutely stunning in her red dress.

"Holy shit." Zayn's voice breathed out. I looked at him and noticed that everyone was now looking at me while Ace glared at Zayn.

"You are gorgeous Cara mia." Ace's mom said to me with a smile which i returned.

I walked down to where Ace was standing as he watched my every step. "You look beautiful." He smiled.

"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself." I replied. With that, we made our way to the cars.

In about 20 minutes, we reached the location. It was a huge building, very well decorated and it was packed. Once parked, we walked towards the door where a bodyguard stood and asked us for our names so that he could announce us. It was apparently a rule.

He looked at Ace before asking,"Your name and the name of your partner?"

"Ace De Santis and Alexia Skylar Hale" Ace stated, not showing any emotions. The bodyguard nodded before stepping aside and letting us enter.

"Ace De Santis and Alexia Skylar Hale."  He said in a mic making everyone stop murmuring and look at us.

"I hate this." Ace muttered under his breath as i nod in agreement. As we walked further inside, people were whispering things about us.

"Oh my god. He is hot"
"Look at Alexia Hale. She is so hot"
"Ace and his whore"
"I heard they are both ruthless. They are made for each other."

I rolled my eyes at these whispers, "They think we are deaf?" Ace shrugged, "Just ignore them." And i did as we continued walking towards my father, mother and of course, sister.

"Alexia, my daughter—" My dad smiled opening his arms, "I missed you," he continued and hugged me. "I missed you too, dad."

"Alexia sweetheart," My mom hugged me, "You look beautiful." I smiled at her, "You too, mom."

"Ace." My dad looked at Ace, nodding his head as a sign of acknowledgement. Ace returned the movement, "Mr Hale."

"Ace!", Daniella's annoying voice interrupted us, "I missed youuu." She continued lunging at Ace for a hug but Before she could get any closer, she stopped dead in her tracks when Ace said, "Touch me and you will lose your hands." Rolling her eyes, she immediately took steps back.

"Get on the dance floor with your partner for a dance—", A man's voice boomed across the hall, "We shall start after." 

"Dance with me?" Daniella turned and asked Ace. "I don't dance." He rolled his eyes at her before turning to me, holding his hand out infront of me, "May i have this dance, amore?"

I placed my hand on his and smiled. "You may." He smiled back as we made our way to the dancefloor. We both chuckled when we heard Daniella yell "Bitch."