48

Alexia's POV

Its been 3 days since i returned home from the hospital after giving birth. Everyone loves Alec, specially Liam who is spending all his time with him.

"Hey, come with me." Ace said, grabbing my hand, leading me to the garden. I raised a questioning eyebrow at him before asking, "What's wrong?"

Instead of replying, he asked me to stop and handed me a blindfold. "Here, blindfold yourself." I decided not to question him considering my previous question was left unanswered and put the blindfold on. "Now what?"

He placed his hands in mine and guided me through i don't know what cause im not seeing anything. "Where are you taking me?" I asked and again, he did not answer.

He stopped walking and said, "Remove your blindfold." I sighed before removing the blindfold. To my surprise, everything was well decorated. Candles were placed around the pool and i was standing on rose petals. Everything was absolutely breathtaking. I turned around to ask him what the occasion was but i was met with Ace on his knees, holding a red box with a ring in it.

Placing both of my hands on my mouth, i tried to stop the tears that wanted to fall but failed miserably.

"Alexia Skylar Hale, to be quite honest with you, i do not know where to start. You coming in my life change me completely, you made me fall in love with not just your beauty but your heart and everything with you. Fuck, i cannot describe how much i love you—", He started as the tears continued to fall at his every word, "Will you make me the happiest man on earth again by marrying me?"

"Yes, yes, yes. A thousand times, yes." I said through the tears with a smile which immediately brought a smile on his face. He stood up, slipped the ring on my finger before slamming his lips on mine. I broke the kiss to look at the ring which had a huge tear drop shaped diamond in the middle.

"I love you." He smiled before slamming his lips on mine again. I smiled, "And i love you." Everyone started cheering loudly, i broke the kiss and looked at the whole family. 

"Congrats!" Arielle yelled excitedly, bringing me into a hug which i returned. They all hugged and congratulated us. We were drinking wine when my dad asked, "When's the wedding?"

I shrugged as i continued to sip on my wine. I almost choked when Ace said "Tomorrow."

"What do you mean tomorrow? I don't have a dress and—" I started ranting earning a chuckle from him. "Everything's prepared."

"You chose our location by yourself?" I asked, frowning. He shook his head, "You chose it."

"When?" I asked, confusion written all over my face. 

"Remember last night i asked you about your dream wedding?" He asked, earning a nod from me, "I planned it exactly like you told me." He continued, making a smile appear on my face. He never fails to amaze me. I have the most amazing man and family i could ever ask for by my side. That's all i need.

Wedding day

"Alexia, you ready?" My mom asked as we both looked at my reflection in the mirror. I nodded with a smile.

We were in one of Ace's beach house, the wedding's taking place outside on the beach just like i've always wanted. A beach wedding. A simple wedding on the beach, just us and our loved ones.

"You look beautiful, so so beautiful." My mom beamed with happiness, "You deserve this and so much more."

"Cara mia. You look gorgeous." Grace said, standing infront of the door, looking at both of us with a smile on her face.

Arielle decided to grace us with her presence too. "Oh my god! Look at you—", She squealed before continuing, "Ace is going to lose his shit." I shook my head at her comment but that did not stop a smile from making its way on my face.

"You look beautiful, daughter. Just like your mother." My father's voiced interrupted us. He smiled at me which i returned, "Ace is waiting, shall we go?" He continued, holding his arm out for me. Nodding, i wrapped my arm around his. He placed a kiss on my cheeks before saying, "Im so proud of the woman you have become."

"I was raised by the best." I replied, smiling. And for the first time in my whole life, i saw a tear drop fell off his eyes. This was enough to make me cry, tears were threatening to fall but i held them inside.

Opening the door, i was greeted with Ace who was grinning, looking handsome as always. I removed my shoes and walked on the sand, towards him. My gaze shifted on Alex who was holding Alec while Liam played with him. I smiled at them before continuing my way towards Ace. "Break her heart and i will kill you." My dad warned Ace as we stood infront of him.

"I'll kill myself first." Ace said in all seriousness, making my dad chuckle before he left and went to stand with my mother and the others.

"We are gathered here to celebrate the union of two souls—" The minister started.

Ace held my hand, staring at me with love and adoration. I kept on smiling the whole time, i swear i looked like a creep.

I wasn't listening to anything the minister was saying just when Ace said his vows.

"I, Ace, take you, Alexia to be my wife to have and to hold from this day forward; for better, for worse, For richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God's holy law.
In the presence of God I make this vow."

"Your turn." The minister stated

"I, Alexia take you, Ace, to be my husband to have and to hold from this day forward; for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to God'd holy law. In the presence of God i make this vow."

"Do you, Ace De Santis take Alexia Skylar Hale to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do." Ace stated with a smile.

"Do you, Alexia Skylar Hale, take Ace De Santis to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"By the authority vested in me, I pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." The minister ended as everyone started cheering once Ace pulled me close to him, kissing me.

"I love you Mrs De Santis." Ace said, smiling as his arms were still wrapped around my waist.

"I love you too Mr De Santis." I replied back with a smile.

And that's how i received my happy ending. No matter how hard life was, how many obstacles i've faced, in the end, i got my happy ending. I got an awesome family who loves each other. Ace and I got our ending.

I thought this kind of life wasn't for me and i was so wrong. That's my life and i wouldn't change it for anything.

The end.

~

A/N

I told you it's not perfect, didn't i? You know, if you regret reading this story, well, that's on you, buddy cause i warned you at the begining of the story that it is not fucking perfect but no, you did not listen to me.

For those who loved it, liked it, supported me, thank you very much. I really appreciate your supportive comments, it means a lot.

Check out my other stories, there's the spinoff of this book, named The mafia's princess. It's about Ace and Alexia's son, Alec. Read the story description.

~

15/03/22 - I just started this book, Poisonous love, check it out when you have the time.