1. Allies

TW: There are mentions of assault in this book, although I steer clear of writing out the actual assault. It's more like pointing out a bruise and the characters knowing what happened! If I do write it out if a scene i'll put a warning.

Bella's POV

There's not much to be said about growing up as the child of a mafia leader except for the toll it takes on your health.

Mental, physical, and worst of all emotional.

The Italian mafia was the worst. We don't give a shit about anything or anyone. Family blood is just as useless as the blood dripping from your enemies wounds. Sometimes you'd get lucky, and have a great bond with your family behind closed doors.

Luck is something I've never experienced.

Although my brothers are wonderful when they aren't annoying me. My younger brother Matteo is only 15 yet he can kill someone with his eyes closed. Not that he's tried. My older brother Alejandro or Ale is 24, and he's the most ruthless of us. He never shows it but he cares about Matteo and I more than anything.

As for me; my father kept me out of that mafia training stuff. I'm almost 19 and I can barely handle a gun, and the only reason I know how to fight is because Ale taught me for my 16th birthday. Against our fathers wishes, so it didn't end well for him

I fucking hated the mafia. It kept my mother cold and distant, it turned my brothers into heartless killers, and it made my father an angry drunk.

"Bella De Luca, get down here now!" My mother shouted. I sat up quickly, shook my hands attempting to release the nerves I felt around my family, and ran downstairs.

"Yes mom?"

"Your father needs to see you in his office" Why didn't he just call me down?

"Okay. Where's Matteo and Ale?"

"He sent them out. He didn't want them eavesdropping"

"Alright." I nodded my head, and made my way to my fathers office down the hall.
It was bigger than my room, and decorated to fit his attitude. Dark and Isolated. I knocked before entering.

"Come in" He said sternly

"You needed me?"

"Yes Bella have a seat" I did as he said, and sat on the chair across from him "Sit up straight you aren't a whore" He yelled

"Sorry sir" I sat up straight, and looked up at him so he wouldn't yell again

"Do you remember the McKays?"

"Yes! They're the biggest branch in the Italian mafia"

"And you remember their son Enzo?"

"Set to inherit the mafia." I knew all this stuff because my dad made me stay updated in case he wanted me to do his paperwork.

"Yes, and we all know his father is ill meaning he's not far from being mafia royalty"

"Yes sir"

"Well he's your boyfriend now" I looked at him in shock

"W-what?" That was a lot to just lay on me. My father always did say to get the news out quickly

"Well not actually no one would ever seriously date you, but the Costas are getting close to beating us as second best Italian mafia, and the De Lucas don't come in last place"

There are three branches of the Italian Mafia. The McKays who were the richest, and most powerful. The De Lucas which were the most ruthless, and second most powerful. Lastly the Costas who were still very powerful; but the weakest branch of the Italians.