29. Candy

A/N: thanks to my science teacher giving me a hard time imma take a break. Not long i'll probably be back in a week, but I literally can not get myself to write rn.

Bella's POV

Everyone's been coming in and out of the hospital all week. My mom came to see me yesterday and honestly I didn't want to talk to her. She asked me if I had planned dads funeral yet, and I looked at her in shock.

Matteo and Ale have been switching on and off here. They barely leave me alone with Enzo. I don't think they think he wants to hurt me I just think they think hes judgment is clouded.

Kat also came by a few times to see me but more so Enzo since he's staying here.

Enzo's been great though. He brings me presents all the time. Yesterday I got some more flowers, and perfume. He's been working on getting Ivan but other than that he won't leave my side.

He tried bonding with my brothers but they don't have much in common. I don't think they hate each other though. He's only really talkative when Sam or Gray come around.

Speaking of them I keep thinking about what Enzo could have possibly told Gray; who i'm now only calling Mr.Knight.

I don't think I want to know. I don't want there to be something to ruin Enzo and I. As much as I hate to admit it I need Enzo right now more than I want him. I do really want him, and I enjoy being around him just as much; but until Ivan's dead i'm just nervous.

For that reason I haven't asked or brought it up. Enzo's keeping me smiling, and he's keeping me sane. I need that.

My nurse came in to check on me "Hey sugar how you doing?" she's a sweet old lady. Late 50's. I've become obsessed with her as a mother figure since I woke up

"Hi Mary. I'm a bit better." I said as I played with my fingers. I've been having trouble talk to anyone other than Enzo. I'm still shaken up I guess.

"Are you still zoning in and out of conversations?"

I looked at Enzo. I keep going deep into thought when people talk. Especially if it's about what happened. Enzo gave me a warm smile as he continued to rub my shoulders "She has, but she's getting better."

"That's good! Soon you'll get to go home."

"How are Ava and Mikey?" Those are her grandkids they're twins

"Ava is loving kindergarten, and Mikey says he has a girlfriend"

I smiled "He's going to be a heart breaker starting young." she laughed

"Okay sweetheart the doctor will be in later to do some tests. I'll see you guys tomorrow"

"Bye Mary!"

She left, and I leaned back into Enzo "Do you need anything baby?"

I shook my head. According to Gray i'm going into sub space but with trauma because i've become so dependent. Enzo didn't mind though he likes taking care of me, but he's always worried with his words. He think's he hurt me enough. "Thank you for being here Enzo."

"Trust me it's the least I could do."

"I wish I could be more enthusiastic. I want to do more than just watch movies with you."

"What do you want to do?"

"I don't know. I can't do shit."

He sighed "How about we try going for a walk around the hospital. Venture out of the room."

I smiled "Yeah!." I sat up quickly which made me whimper, and Enzo put his hand lightly on my stomach.

"Are you okay?" he asked worriedly