27. Hospital

Enzo's POV

I'm pacing up and down the hospital hallway till I heard someone yelling my name "Enzo!"

I look to my right, and see Ale and Matteo running in. "What the fuck happened to her? Is she okay? Where's her doctors? Why do you look like you got in just a bar fight, but my sister is in a fucking hospital?!" Ale shouted at me

"She's in surgery, I don't know where her fucking doctor is because no one in this damn hospital will tell me anything, and i'm not okay Ale!"

"What the hell happened?" Matteo asked me furiously

"Bella and I went outside for fresh air because she had a head ache. Ivan put five men on me, and two plus himself on Bella. Obviously I tried fighting them, but it wasn't that fucking easy! They made me watch while they hurt her, and Gray came to check on us, and he heard my screams, and he caught them by surprise."

"Are any of them still alive?"

"I know Gray got two guys and Ivan. I haven't spoken to him since he shot the guys on Bella. I'm sure he killed the others."

"I'll go give him a call you stay here Mat. Let me know what the doctor says if they come to talk to you." Ale gave Matteo a comforting squeeze than walked away.

"She's going to be okay." I said trying to cheer him up. He's been through so much and I might be the reason his sister could die.

"She better fucking be. Ale and I can't handle it if she's not."

"I'm sorry."

"I don't blame you for tonight you had five men on you it's not a fair fight anyone would have lost. I blame you for being a selfish prick. You knew this would happen, and you were too caught up in your own needs to let her go."

"I thought I could keep her safe." I know this is my fault if I would have let her go she would be fine now. Probably dating someone good for her. Maybe John maybe Gray maybe someone else

"There's no such thing as safe in the mafia. It's meet demands or else. You of all people should know."

I couldn't breath. I did know, and I don't know how to look Matteo in the eyes and admit it.

"Is the family of Bella De Luca here?" a female voice called out

"Here!" Matteo and I said at the same time, and we rushed over to her

"What's your relationship with the patient?"

"Brother."

"Boyfriend."

"You're the one who made the call?" she asked me

"Yeah why?"

"The police will need to talk to you later."

They probably think I tried to kill her. I have the police paid, so they'll just pretend to ask me questions. "That's fine can you just tell us if she's okay?"

"She lost a lot of blood, but luckily we got there just in time. A minute longer she would have been dead. The chances of her waking up today are slim, so my only suggestion is to try and stay out of the room as much as possible unless you think speaking to her will help."

"But she's going to live right?"  Matteo asked

"Yes. After about a two week recovery once she wakes up she should be good to go home. She won't need 24/7 care, but someone to be in the same house might be useful."

"Can we see her?" I asked

"Does she have any other family members over 18?"

"Our older brother is making a phone call and our mom is on vacation somewhere she won't be back till Monday. That's it."

"We have to give that decision to her older brother on wether or not you can see her. Good night boys."

The nurse walked away, and I let out a sigh of relief. I bit my lip so no more tears would come out. I cried the whole ride to the hospital. Matteo and I took a seat and waited for Ale to come back.

"Did the doctor come over?"

"Bella'a going to be fine. She probably won't wake up today though. Enzo and I need your permission to go in and see her."

"Yeah of course you can go in buddy." Matteo practically sprinted to her room

"What about me?"

"I know my sister well enough to know she'll probably want you there when she wakes up, but if she for some reason doesn't; I want you to pack a fucking bag and move to a different damn continent."

"Totally fair thanks Ale! Oh and is Gray okay?"

"One guy got away, but he and Sam are working on finding him now. He says to send Bella his love, and to tell you to call him if you need anything."

...

I sat in Bella's room and held her hand. Matteo was asleep on the couch, and Ale was looking back and fourth between her and I. My phone rang but I didn't pick up. Then Ale's phone rang.

"It's Gray."

"Maybe they killed the guy"

"I'll put it on speaker"

"Ale is Enzo there?"

"Yeah. What's up?"

"Can I talk to him?"

"You're on speaker if that works."

Gray sighed "We got the last guy, but theres sort of a problem."

"What?" my heart was racing again

"You know how sam helped move the bodies of the three guys. Well he went back to checks so he can ya know get ride of them. Ivan was gone."

"What the fuck"

"I'm so fucking sorry Enzo. We're tracking him."

"So after all this Bella's still not safe!" I yelled

Gray sighed again "She can be." I looked at Ale.

"Hear that Enzo." Ale said to me while flashing a tight lipped smile

"I'm not making a decision  till she wakes up okay. Plus Ivan probably thinks she's dead, so we have time."

Ale rolled his eyes and scoffed. She just got hurt. She'll need me here when she wakes up