42. Emotions

Bella's POV

I don't like packing. My brothers helped me for about an hour while we talked, but then I told them I wanted food so they went out to get it. Now that i'm doing it on my own I don't like it. i'm just excited to get home.

As I placed some more clothes in my duffel there was a knock on my door "Come in." it took a moment for whoever was there to open the door, so I did it for them. On the other side of the door was the man i've been waiting to see. His hand was by the door knob, and his head was down "Enzo"

He gulped "Hi baby." he said quietly

"Enzo!" I jumped up into his arms, and he caught me. His hands rested on the back of my thighs. I rested my head on his shoulder "I'm missed you so much! Your hair got so long I love it!" my heart was beating a mile a minute.

I felt him hug me tighter. His head nuzzled into the crook of my neck, and he was whispering things i couldn't hear very well. He walked into my room more, and shut the door. "Bella-" his lips connected to my neck for a moment. "I love you so much."

Seconds later I felt something drip on my shoulder, and I heard a sniffle. I pulled away from Enzo's shoulder, but he kept his head down. "Why are you crying?"

"I haven't cried in two months. A lot happened tonight."

"What's wrong Enzo?" he looked up at me. His eyes were glossy. His lips curled into a smile, and he set me down. He placed me on the edge of the bed, and got on his knees in front of me. His right hand went to my thigh, and his left tucked hair behind my ear. Another tear fell.

"I love you Bella. It's so good to see your face." his smile was wide. I was happy he was happy to see me, but something was off. I leaned down and cupped his face

"Talk to me baby."

"Today I thought you moved on. Gray told me I was just dumb. I was coming here to see you, but Kat called a- and my dad died. I broke a whole lot of driving laws to get here, because I need you Bella. I haven't said your name in two months, I haven't smiled, I haven't cried, I haven't felt anything in two months and now there's just all these emotions."

My heart sank. "You should be home right now!"

"I am. Trust me i'm home right now." his hands slipped around my waist. I don't know how to help him.

"I'm so sorry baby. How can I help? What can I do for you?" he continued to cry. He was getting out two months of tears.

He shook his head on my thigh. I ran my hands through his hair as we sat like this for awhile. It can't be comfortable for him to be on his knees this long. I picked up his limp body as best I could, and pulled him onto the bed. He and I laid in silence.

"Thank you." he whispered

"You don't have to thank me. I'm just really fucking happy to be with you right now." I wiped away the tears on his red cheek.

"I'm going back tomorrow morning. You should come with me. Gray will bring your stuff back."

"I refuse to spend another moment away from you."

"I'll make up for these two months. I want to make thing better for us."

"Things are perfect."

"They're not. I love you Bella, but I can't go back to who I was when we were together. I have to take control over my mafia. I have to go back to being the guy that scared the shit out of your dad."

"Okay." I whispered as I kissed his forehead. I don't like that guy, but I don't want to argue. I know that maybe I won't have my Enzo in public, but at the end of the day he's still going to be like this when he's with me. "Are you going to stay in charge now?"

He sighed "I don't know. For now yeah. But-"

"But France."

"But France." he still wants to run away to France. I smiled

"We can talk again in the morning. Sleep baby." he kissed me softly.