14. Hurt

I don't know how long I've been walking for, minutes, hours, days

Okay maybe not days as the sun hasn't set yet.

A rough estimate would be less than an hour, no cars are in sight yet, only the long abandoned street. Stretching further than my range of vision.

In the warehouse they would feed me little amount once a day to just keep me alive, Aleksandro should be coming up soon to have his daily visit.

My legs were starting to give out from the lack of nutrition and the heat.

I tighten my hold on the gun when I heard the faint rumble of an engine. I stepped behind one of the trees on the sidewalk and waited for the car to pass.

The sound grew louder as the car came into sight, my pulse beats faster as I cock my gun and check the bullets.

As soon as the car is in range I aim for the tires and pull the trigger, I hit the front right tire and the back right tire. They deflate and the car comes to a stop.

Before the people from the car can get out I shoot the windows expecting it to be Aleksandro.

Instead the door is pushed open vigorously and Drystan runs out, directing his gun to where I stood, Ryen and Merick ran out of the car.

I hold up my hands and walk into sight slowly, letting out a sigh of relief. Drystans eyes land on me and he lowers his gun striding towards me in large steps and pulling me towards his chest in a hug.

"Oh my god. Thank god you're okay. How did you escape?" He asks probably not believing I found my way out.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't even believe in god..

"I feel faint." My voice trails into whisper as my body goes limb and my gaze turns pitch black.

" My voice trails into whisper as my body goes limb and my gaze turns pitch black

Driving way past the speed limit, I near the warehouse with one thing on my mind. Delaynie. Not Aleksandro and how much I want him dead but how much I want ensure Delaynie's safety.

Its extremely strange as to why Aleksandro targeted Delaynie's father, Malachi, when Malachi's father was already killed.

The rivalry should have ended right then.