16. 'Baby'

‼️SMUT WARMING‼️! (Also they can't really do much kinky shit considering the area they are in)

Merick and Drystan had arrived back to where the car was parked, Drystan did not even say hello to me. He just sat into another car and drove away, Merick and I hugged each other. His eyes were glossy with tears, I assured him that I was fine now and there's nothing to worry about.

So then we drove home, Aleksandro in the back of our car. The drive was long and slow so I ended up sleeping through most of it until we took a plane back home.

I had insisted that Aleksandro was to be in the plane where me, Ryen, Merick and Drystan sat on.

He's still unconscious from the tranquilliser but his peaceful face made me slap it, he still didn't wake so I sat down beside Drystan.

All throughout plane ride he sat on his phone not speaking to anyone except exchanging a few words with Merick and Ryen.

We would be on the plane for another eight hours. "Drystan." I call for his attention, he looks away from the phone to me.

"Yes." He replies, giving me a one worded answer.

"Why are you being so distant?" I ask him, his face remains unchanged.

"You are the one who hates me, I just know when to back off." He replies snarkly and I roll my eyes.

"That never stopped you from annoying me before." I drawl out wanting him to give me a reason. He hugged me when we saw each other and I hugged him back, he was fine with me back then so what happened during the time I was asleep?

"Things change." Is all he says before turning back to his phone.

"What? No sexual comeback?" I joke wanting to lighten the mood, he ignores me.

Bastard.

"I just don't understand why you are being so weird around me." I say quietly not caring if I sound vulnerable.

"Delaynie, when are you going to learn that the world doesn't revolve around you. People, I, have other things to do than provide you with the attention and validation you so desperately seek to feel better about yourself."

Ouch.

His words cut through me like a blade, but I don't show it. "I don't need anyone's validation to feel better about myself, darling, me liking me is more than enough." I flash him a smile and once again his face remains unamused. "Even if I did want or need validation I sure as hell wouldn't try getting it from you." I reply in disgust and abruptly stand to my feet, I walk away from him towards the bathroom. I close the door behind me and lean against it.

So when I want him he doesn't want me? Bullshit.

As much as I don't want to believe that he's done with me, I have a feeling he is genuine. The deal has come to an end so we don't need to be 'friends' anymore, I can kill him.