1. Delaynie

13 years ago

The soul of a child is beautiful, clean and pure. As you grow older your soul becomes tainted by the sins you commit, it turns dark and corrupt.

That's what happened to my soul it was corrupted, then I turned into the monster I am today.

My story has no villain as I myself am the villain.
••••

The bells are ringing, holly is hung, trees lit, every child is being tucked into bed. Children are restless, the snow is fallling.

Tomorrow is Christmas.

Seven year old Delaynie rests her arms on the window shelf as she admires the snow coating the ground slowly. Her mother and father had told her that Santa only comes when children are asleep.

As adults, we all know there's no such thing as Santa but we let the children believe it. We let them be happy for as long they can.

Malachi, Delaynie's father, lifts Delaynie and places her on her bed, he tucks her into bed and plants a kiss on his daughters forehead. Delaynie smiles, Malachi lived his days happily after he found his wife, he always thought it would erase his sins, little did he know karma was coming back to bite him.

"This little light of mine, I'm gunna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine." Delaynie's door opens and Delaynie's mother steps inside, she joins in on the singing. "You're our little light, angel." Malachi tells Delaynie and kisses her forehead again, her mother does the same.

"Goodnight Delaynie, make sure you go to sleep." Her mother informs her, her parents switch off the light then shut her door.

A loud thud disturbs her sleep, she jolts up and her head snaps to the window in attempt to see if morning had arrived but the sky was still dark.

It's not Christmas yet so why can I hear noises? The girl thought.

"Santa!" She whispers to herself, an idea strikes her mind.

She pulls down the covers of her bed and her red Christmas pyjamas come into view, she jumps off the bed and slowly walks towards the door, she turns the knob and pulls it open.

"Don't do this! I'm sorry!" Her father pleads, Delaynie's eyebrows furrow together and she walks towards the noise, she shuts her room door and tip-toes down the stairs until the living room is revealed to her. The room was decorated like every other on Christmas, lights, trees, cookies but tonight one extra accessory lays in the Grayson household; blood.

She sits on one of the steps and holds the railings with her small hands, three men wearing black suits stand. One holding a gun to her fathers head whilst keeping Him up from his collar, one laughing to the side and the other plunging a knife into her mother's stomach.

"Last words?" The man holding the gun asks Malachi, Malachi knew his past would return to find him, now he pays for his fathers sins, Delaynie watches them, paralysed. His father killed, his father murdered, his father was a monster. Now Malachi pays for his fathers wrongdoings.

"My light will avenge us! She will be saved at the fountain!" He shouts, the man pulls the trigger and Malachi falls to the floor.

Daddy's been shot, mommy's asleep. Delaynie thought.

Naive Delaynie.

Are they dead? I've only seen dead people on the television. I saw a gun on television too. When the bang goes off it means they are dead. Mommy always told me not to watch stuff like that but I didn't listen to her.

The gun went off, Is daddy dead?

"Let them bleed out, let's go before the cops get here." The man who was standing to the side laughing says. The man pushes the knife into Delaynie's mother's stomach again and then pulls it out, pleased with what he's done. One by one, the men leave her house, laughing and bloating about finally killing Malachi and his family.

Little did they know they left one, and oh how that one child would make them regret living.

Delaynie runs down the stairs and kneels beside the bodies, crying, confused.

"Delaynie. Go to the fountain." Her mother whispers, her voice trails into silence and she stares dead at Delaynie.

"Mommy! Help daddy." Mommy's asleep on the floor as a pool of blood circles her, on her stomach I can see the pale pink skin, which has been cut open.

Delaynie stands up and runs to the door, she opens it and walks towards where the fountain sits. She stands in front of it and awaits for someone; her father? She asks herself.

A large black car pulls over on the curb and a man walks out of it, her fathers brother, Malachi left him long ago. "Delaynie. Where are your parents?" He asks her, panicked, looking around the street cautiously.

"They're- I think they died. Three people came- and th- then had a gun." She stammers over her words as she cries, He walks closer to her and embraces her into a hug.

"It's okay Delaynie, I'll take you somewhere safe." He assures her.

"Are you daddy's friend?"

"I'm his brother- your uncle." He tells her.

*******************************************
First chapter!

Word count 841*
next chapter will be way longer.