1.3 Lollipop Girl

In the first floor corridor, a girl with long silver hair with bangs swept to the right side of her forehead and her bright purple eyes were staring straight ahead in silence.

That person, she had met him once.

It seemed like Ayanokouji was a typical high school student, quite normal. But occasionally something too ordinary can be an anomaly itself.

She was wondering.

Why did he hide it?

Perhaps, Ayanokouji hid his abilities because he didn't want to be taken advantage of by his classmates.

And another contradiction arises if he did have extraordinary abilities.

Then why did he get into class D?

What were the qualifications to enter classes A, B, C, and D?

Wa it dependent only on academic and physical aspects?

Or there was something behind it?

Tsubaki also observed the workings of the second-year students.

Class 2-A led by Sakayanagi.

She unifies classes by absolute command. All the students of class A became her subordinates without exception.

As long as the leader who brought the class was a smart and cold-hearted person, the continuity of the class would be stable.

Class A had been divided into two groups, but after Katsuragi moved to class 2-D the obstacles had completely disappeared.

As for Class C which is now Class B led by Ichinose, it was very different from Class A.

In fact, according to Tsubaki, Class B's union was the most vulnerable, it's true they unite with mutual trust.

But who was willing to bet on trust?

In this school betrayal was nothing new.

Class C, which was previously class D, from the outside looked like was led by someone firm and stubborn, Horikita Suzune.

But Horikita wasn't the real leader of Class C because there was a lot of superficial behavior that didn't match with her actions.

The current D class, which fell from the B class was led by Ryuuen. It was obvious to recognize the way he leads his class, of course with violence.

Tsubaki could take two conclusions, about a person called Ayanokouji.

He had abilities and it passed the school's standards to enter class A. But it seemed there were political matters behind his condition till he was located in class D.

The reason how Ayanokouji came to be in class D was still a mystery.

"Oh, Tsubaki-san I just wanted to see you."

The one who greeted her with a cheerful smile was Yagami Takuya. Class 1-B leader.

To be honest, Tsubaki didn't like him, this person was the one who got her classmate expelled and the person behind Utomiya's betrayal.

When Utomiya vanished after understanding that Tsubaki's plan failed, she knew there was something wrong with him.

"What's wrong, Yagami-kun?" as usual she seemed uninterested in his interlocutor.

"Wow, you're still as cold as before huh." Yagami's laughter rang out again.

"I'm not like you, it's no fun when you have to force yourself to smile."

"Is that true? I think you should start learning about that. I'm sure Tsubaki-san will look cute if you smile."

For that nonsense, Tsubaki just maintained silence and didn't respond him.

Yagami instantly noticed Tsubaki's discontent.

"Hey, are you still mad?" Yagami inquired unexpectedly.

Tsubaki sighed, "I told you not to interfere in my class matters."

Those words were referring to Utomiya. Yagami grinned likewise, seemingly not regretting his actions at all.

"But thanks to me you were able to eliminate someone useless and untrustworthy."

Tsubaki snorted, "Did I ask you to do that?"

Yagami shrugged his shoulders, not minding even if Tsubaki didn't approve with his way.

"What's wrong? I already helped you get rid of one of your disturbances back then."

"Don't talk nonsense."

"You think I don't know? Even though it's true that I devised a plan so your class would fight against Housen. But you were the one who orchestrated the incident secretly."

Tsubaki knew Yagami was aware of her contribution in expelling her classmates at that time.

"I purposely created loopholes in my plan, it's not perfect and you should be able to save him. But seeing your decision, you just threw away the opportunity I gave you. It wasn't because you didn't know but due to you planned it right?"

Yagami is an annoying type of human.

"There's a reason why he has to be expelled," Tsubaki eventually admitted it.

Yagami smiled broadly, "Of course, I knew your reasons. In contrast to Sakayanagi who wasn't disturbed by Katsuragi senpai's presence and made the unity in the class split. You, the one who didn't like to be seconded, will get rid of your rival immediately."

"Your terms are too harsh. I'd prefer it if you called it a test," Tsubaki looked at Yagami disapprovingly.

"Exactly if he can endure and not be provoked by Housen, resolving matters without resorting to violence might make me consider him in class. But in reality, it wasn't me who lost his chance to survive but himself. He didn't understand that he was already lost."

Yagami just nodded his head, he quite agreed with Tsubaki's way of thinking.

"So what do you want? Why are you suddenly greeting me and talking about this?"

On the second Yagami smiled, he looked into Tsubaki's eyes deeply.

"I just need you to be my right hand. Do all the things I ask and I will obey all your wishes too. I want an alliance between us."

"Huh? No kidding. What will you do if I refuse?"

"It's not just Utomiya, I might reveal this secret to the whole class. You will be removed from the position of leader." Maybe Yagami thought Tsubaki was afraid of the threat.

"Then just do it. I don't care about that leader's business." But Yagami didn't look disappointed.

"You are too confident, Tsubaki-san. You must think people won't believe my words right away. Of course, it's because you're leading class C from behind Utomiya's back. As long as Utomiya believes in you then no one will believe my words."

"But do you think I didn't prepare anything else?" Yagami showed his phone, the screen indicating that the recording had been going on for five minutes.

Tsubaki squinted at him, in the end even though it was a simple bait, nevertheless she was already trapped.

Tsubaki couldn't believe her guess was right.

There was no way Yagami had come to her without proper preparation.

Even though she knew it was a trap, Tsubaki still decided to play Yagami's game.

"If I obey you, what will you give me?"

"Everything. I'll give you whatever you ask for."

***
Please bear with this boring chapter.

I promise it's getting better in the next.

12-09-2021