SS Karuizawa Kei

Timeline : Before the competition

My Boyfriend Isn't Aware Of His Own Charm, But He's Very Popular With Girls

I'm not jealous or anything. I guess you could say I'm restless.

Recently, since Ichinose-san became SCP, she's been seeing Kiyotaka a lot.

And she always used the excuse, "I need Ayanokouji-kun's help".

No... Not that I'm jealous.

No, I'm not that childish.

It's just that I'm concerned about Kiyotaka's reputation; during the island exams, he was the topic of discussion for going around with kohai from class 1-D.

There are also rumours about Kiyotaka and Ichinose-san while Kiyotaka is in Sobu.

Despite the fact that Kiyotaka never explained, I tried not to bring it up.

I mean, doesn't he realise he's become the talk of the school?

Was he not going to clarify or explain something?

Or did he wait until I inquired?

If that's the case, how long should I keep questioning him?

How much longer was he going to let those girls cling to him as they pleased?

"Kiyotaka..."

I summoned him to my room because, coincidentally, my roommate is away today; they want to take a walk around the hotel before tomorrow's match.

"What's the matter, Kei?"

His face didn't show much emotion, but I could tell he was confused. He was perplexed as to why I called him to my room.

"Come in first."

"Then excuse me."

I locked the door as soon as Kiyotaka walked in. I want to avoid unnecessary distractions.

I mean, I don't want anyone interfering with my conversation with Kiyotaka.

Kiyotaka was taken aback when I turned around and looked at him. He must have wanted to ask why I had locked the door, but he kept his mouth shut and remained silent

I moved closer to Kiyotaka, my gaze fixedon him. I could smell Kiyotaka's sweat now that we were so close.

Before coming here, he must have been training with the other Class 2-B boys. However, the scent does not have a foul odour.

It's a scent that's hard to describe with just words. Sweat mixed with the smell of his clothes, and there was a faint trace of perfume that had begun to fade but lingered on his body.

"Kei?"

His voice jolted me awake. I took a look at Kiyotaka.

My heart is restless, and my words are difficult to form.

Do you like Ichinose-san?

Do you feel at ease when you're with her?

Do you want to leave me?

My mind raced with the question. I don't want to come across as obsessive or restrictive, and I don't want Kiyotaka to believe that our relationship is causing him problems

And I realized enough how good Ichinose-san was. She is a popular girl who is adored by both girls and boys at our school. She's well-known for her kindness.

She's far away good than me.

It wouldn't surprise me if Kiyotaka feels at ease around her.

And I want to give Kiyotaka his freedom.

And I'm afraid, I'm afraid if Kiyotaka finds another girl to comfort him.

If that's the case, can I let him go?

I was determined to put Kiyotaka first.

Well, then what about me, though? What about my emotions?

"Kei, what are you thinking?"

Kiyotaka interrupted my reverie once more.

Of course he was concerned, which is why I kept him quiet for a few moments after summoning him.

"Kiyotaka, I'm sorry. I'm just being antsy."

I lowered my brow. Kiyotaka softened his expression when he saw me like this, and he led me to a sofa. He sat beside me.

"What causes you to be nervous?"

Can I say it?

"I..."

"Yes?"

For a brief moment, I have my doubts.

"I..."

"Just say it, Kei."

This tongue appears to be difficult to pronounce.

"I'm jealous," I finally said it.

Kiyotaka widened his gaze.

"Wait, is it true that you're jealous? Whom are you addressing?"

Are you serious?

You didn't notice, Kiyotaka?

Of course, Ichinose-san makes me jealous! She spends so much time with you that there isn't even time for the two of us. Ichinose-san appears and mediates with us at all times.

And you don't realize this?

"Did you really not notice?"

Kiyotaka began to frown as soon as he heard my words. He pondered. Let there be a brief moment of silence between us.

I waited for him to give an answer.

Kiyotaka wasn't a moron, as I was well aware. It's just that he can be a little dense at times. He couldn't have known that what he did had unintentionally hurt me.

"I couldn't figure it out."

Kiyotaka surrendered easily.

I assumed he recognised the individual I was referring to, but he chose to remain silent for that reason.

I was irritated by his behaviour.

"Did you know you're liked by a lot of girls? Perhaps you've been saying all along that you're just a young loner who isn't good at communicating and isn't popular. But you're mistaken! Many girls secretly think you're cool!"

"Kei, I think-"

"But look at how you react; you act as if you're unattractive. Whether you're aware of it or not. However, your attitude sometimes causes people to misinterpret you. I know you didn't mean to cause a misunderstanding, but it all came back to haunt those who had placed their trust in you."

"I-"

"Don't you know? Ichinose-san's gaze always sparkles when she sees you, not only that, Maya still seems to like you. Who else might have feelings for you besides them?"

"No, Kei, you're wrong-"

"It's not just them; I'm sure you have some shady relationships with a slew of other girls as well. I'm not asking for an explanation; I'm simply pleading with you. If you don't like them, don't do anything that will make them hope in you. Without that certainty, hope hurt. Kiyotaka, I don't want you to hurt anyone's feelings."

I landed a weak hit on Kiyotaka's chest, and he didn't dodge it either.

"I'm sorry, Kei; I didn't mean to hurt your feelings."

Kiyotaka held my hand, he looked at me while wiping the tears that fell from my eyes.

"In the future, I promise to be more cautious. I will not do anything to hurt your feelings. I am truly sorry."

***

20nd February, 2022.