4. 3 Bullies' Mentality

Ryuuen's POV

"Why do you tell me about this?"

Yes, she must have had ulterior motives in revealing this information to me. What is her intention?

"Just listen to me, I haven't finished my story yet."

"It's not like I am voluntary listening to your story right now. I'm not even interested in your past."

"Obviously, you'll say something along those lines. After all, it's your character."

This girl is annoying.

"Then, just keep going."

She sighed for a while before continuing her words.

"Have you ever wondered why Kei has been bullied in the past?"

"I don't."

"Wow, you're so direct. You don't hesitate to say it."

I believe that bullies are motivated by a variety of factors in society. Regardless of the toxicity of this behavior, understanding its psychology is critical to understanding why it occurs.

"People usually become bullies for a reason, but there are times when it happens for no apparent reason."

Mori nodded when she heard what I was thinking.

"You're correct, as one would expect from a violent guy. You have a good understanding of how bullies think."

She then went on to explain further, "Bullies frequently target individuals they perceive as a threat, whether that threat is to their potential business success, ego, or self-esteem. Whether or not someone actually does pose some type of threat by being 'different' often varies. In many cases, bullies are only subconsciously aware that they're feeling threatened by someone else."

"I see what you're saying, and I agree. However, does Karuizawa's existence is a treat for someone?"

"Who knows? Perhaps she did something stupid at the wrong time, in the wrong place, and against the wrong person."

"You don't sound like a caring friend, Mori."

"I'm just being honest. It's almost impossible to be bullied without a reason. And I know Kei-chan very well; even if she changes her personality, she can't always hide her true self. She is a headstrong girl who will not change her mind if she believes she is correct. It could be a problem if she interacts with the wrong people. I believe Kei has realized her first mistake since that time"

"Then, as expected from an ex-bully. You still claim the victim as the one who needs to be blamed for this."

"I think for certain people, they really should be blamed as well."

This girl is mentally sick.

I don't understand why she comes to my room and brags about her past, which I don't care about.

"Don't get me wrong, Ryuuen-kun. I am certainly sure I was wrong. But I just can't admit it was entirely my fault. You could argue that it was 80% our fault and 20% her fault. That girl, if she didn't act like that, maybe she wouldn't get bad treatment from other girls. If only she'd heeded my words just once."

I don't believe what Mori said because it sounds like she tried to make amends for her mistakes. Sometimes, bullies feeling threatened by the individuals who they target with their bad behavior. In other cases, bullies wish to instill fear in others as a means to gain power; they don't care about the target of their behavior being a casualty of their quest for power and control.