4. 2 Alliance

Kiyotaka POV

This time, I sat and stirred the coffee, which was getting cold.

It's the 29th day since I was sent to Sobu school. Nothing special happened while I was here. Of course, all I saw was the drama of the cultural festival committee squabbling.

I was taken aback by Chabashira's decision to send us here. For nearly a month, all I could see was squabbling within the committee.

The cultural festival itself did not particularly impress me. So, what is the point of our being here now?

I tapped the table with my finger.

"Ah, have you been here long?"

Right now, the people in front of me were Hayama Hayato and Hikigaya Hachiman.

I'm not going to say much about them. In essence, we're not friends; we're just taking advantage of each other.

During this month, Hikigaya became the committee's antagonist, Yukinosita became the real leader for supporting Sagami's inexperience and inflexibility in leading the committee, but I was the one who made all the suggestions behind the scenes. Of course, Hikigaya and Hiratsuka-sensei were the only ones who knew.

It's not like I'm assisting them for free; in exchange for my assistance, I made an agreement with Hikigaya and Hiratsuka sensei. I'm not sure why Hikigaya brought Hayama here. I don't instruct him to do so.

"I'm sorry for not informing you sooner, but I believe Hayama is the best person to assist you," Hikigaya said as he sat in the chair.

This is what I dislike about Hikigaya; he has the ability, but he prefers to throw the task. I'm not sure, maybe he's just looking for freedom like I am. But when he thought about it again, he realised he wasn't looking for freedom, but rather a way out of responsibility.

"Ayanokouji-kun, don't blame Hikigaya. It was I who insisted on meeting you."

In a roundabout way, Hayama had revealed that Hikigaya had not kept this information from him. Despite the fact that I warned Hikigaya to keep this a secret.

"Hey, Hayama!"

"Why? I think it's better to tell him the truth. I am the one who forced you to admit my presence in this meeting."

"But—"

"No problem, as long as Hayama can help out," I said interrupting the two people's debate.

I don't want to aggravate the situation. So let's leave it at that.

"So what do you want to ask us, Ayanokouji-kun?"

I intertwined my fingers, looking at them.

After a month of pondering what might happen in the next exam. I have some ideas.

To begin with, the fact that this exam was the most difficult indicated that many students would be expelled from school. And there's another contradiction that irritates me slightly; this is just a prediction. I'm not sure yet, but my hunch is that the number of students expelled increases rather than decreases class points.

If this was the system, it was unavoidable that there would be fierce competition in every class. Not only is this a source of class conflict, but it is also a catalyst for class divisions. I'm aware that there are two classes with the weakest unions among the four. They belong to classes C and B.

Class A, led by Sakayanagi, was powerless to overturn Sakayanagi's decision. Especially since Katsuragi was no longer present.

Ryuuen's power naturally frightens Class D.