6.1 Battle Royale

Special Exam : Battle Royale

"Why the name of the exam like this? It feels like playing a game." Hondou chirps.

"Did you forget the announcement from  President Nagumo? The student council deliberately created a game system to facilitate this special exam." Horikita as one of the student council members explained.

"Oh, I see." Actually Hondou didn't understand what Horikita means, but he is tired to start a discussion with her and just answer the simpel words.

"Then what kind of exam is this? I still don't understand how this special exam relates to the new student council system." Ike said honestly.

"First I must explain the time for this special exam is a week. Tomorrow the students who are in Sobu will return and join the exam." Chabashira sensei interrupted.

Horikita didn't get a chance to explain about House of Card system.

"Hahaha... Turns out they have to come too. I was envious of them being able to have fun there without having to worry about exams." Then some of the students laughed because of that statement.

"Are you guys done talking?" Chabashira sensei was getting tired of dealing with her students.

Everyone became silent because of her cold expression.

"About the special exam, you will play the role of four big countries, for the second year you get theme of four seasons. Name your country based on the four seasons that exist." Then Chabashira sensei gave a paper to Hirata.

"Fill in a brief description of things that describe this class. The data you write will be printed and distributed to all classes."

Hirata looked at the paper that he was holding with a confused expression.

Everyone became curious about what Hirata saw.

"For this exam you have to prepare a delegate from each class. The day after tomorrow the delegation group must gather and give a short presentation about the country that describes each class."

"The first day's test is 'State of Sovereignty', the first task you have to complete is to get de facto and de jure recognition from other classes. You are free to do whatever you want to achieve their recognition. State of Sovereignty can be achieved by one de facto and two de jure recognition."

"Sensei, what about third year and first year? Can their statement count as well?" asked Matsushita.

"Classes at different levels cannot participate in providing support, but can help politically."

"It means?" Satou responded.

"If class 3-A has an alliance with class 2-A, you can approach class 3-A to get them persuade class 2-A to vote for recognition. It's like a political game." Horikita gave a brief explanation as an example.

"Besides they can mediate if there is a dispute between classes."

"Yeah, as you can hear from Horikita's explanation."

"Huh? Sensei, I still don't understand." But Ike still didn't catch on well.

"If one of the classes is in conflict, then the class from a different level must mediate and objectively state which side is right and wrong." Hirata repeated what Horikita explained.

"Wait, if class 2-D and class 2-B clash. Then suppose class 3-A intervenes, who determines right and wrong is class 3A?"

"Yes, it's."

"Then how do we make sure class 3-A is really fair in deciding? Could it be they already has an agreement with one of the classes that we fight?"

"That's the problem you have to deal with."

"But did their decision matter?" Horikita asked.

"Class that was stated wrong will be banned from attending daily delegate meetings." Chabashira answered quickly.

"What's the point of attending a delegation meeting? I don't think there's anything to lose by leaving it once or twice." A careless statement from Sudou.

"You are very wrong, at the delegation meeting each class must report the progress of the country (class) has been reached such as what agreements have been agreed upon and with which countries the agreements were made." Chabashira sensei again explained.

"Eh, why do you have to report?"

"If we look at the state structure. Think of the delegation as a foreign representative who reports of their country to the United Nations." Horikita tried to conclude.

"Yes that's right." Chabashira sensei said briefly.

"That means we don't always have to give the real report, I mean like we have an agreement with another class but we don't give that report to the court." This time Yukimura gave his objective opinion.

"Basically, not all state information (class) submitted is the truth, but if false data and lies are discovered during submission, there will be a penalty that must be accepted."

"That means as long as you don't get caught it's okay?" Haruka asked.

"Yes."

"Complicated system." Yukimura grumbled.

Then Chabashira sensei went back to reading the other rules.

"This penalty affects class points. One penalty is worth -20 class points, penalties can be obtained for the absence of delegates, lies in court, disputes between delegates, and so on."

"Oh, so that's why a ban on trial is tantamount to a penalty and it lowers class points."

"Yes."

"You got it, didn't you?"

"Wait sensei, the first day's task is the sovereignty of the country. Then how many days are given to get de facto recognition?" this time Horikita asked again.

"Two days."

"Then after getting the recognition, what's the next task?"

"It's still a secret, about a few hours before the task of state sovereignty ends, the next task will be announced soon. Now, just fill out the paper first, about the delegation can be prepared tomorrow after Ayanokouji and Kushida return."

"Any more questions?"

Everyone agreed to be quiet, they didn't want to hold Chabashira sensei any longer.

Too many questions have been asked, and now they have to discuss the name of the country.

"No sensei, thanks for the explanation."

"Fine, then please continue your discussion. I'll go first."

Finally update.

5-11-21