2. 1 Sobu Highschool

Hikigaya POV

Shit.

That midday when I returned to class, I saw my name "Hikigaya Hachiman" written side by side on the blackboard with the words "Cultural Festival Section Committee" in large letters.

What kind of conspiracy was this again? Out of so many people, why was I the chosen one?

I was sure they were throwing tasks they didn't want to do on purpose, humans were cruel, weren't they? Judging from the social caste, I couldn't oppose them.

Especially if the class president himself proposed while laughing happily along with the cheers of classmates who wanted to avoid being victimized by society.

Of course, they must have said this was all for me, they thought I could interact with more people and make more friends.

Unfortunately, a loner like me would hate this idea. I didn't like making friends, meeting new people, and talking to each other, those were troublesome.

I'd to choose topics carefully because I didn't know them, and I risked getting offended and even cornering myself back. Instead of adding friends, I was harvesting enemies.

In front of the blackboard stood a female teacher who was almost 30 years old but still single in her looner poor life. Hiratsuka Shizuka.

I looked at her as if expecting an explanation.

Hiratsuka-sensei then looked at the clock on the wall, "It's time for my lesson, but the students here are still confused about which person to choose. So I chose you."

Obviously without feeling guilty at all for ignoring my opinion.

Okay, wait a minute, Miss Japanese Literature. You can't say 'so' that easy. This doesn't make sense to me.

"Sensei, what are you planning?" I asked suspiciously.

"What do you mean?" Hiratsuka sensei instead asked me back.

"This is crazy! What do you think a loner is?! Forcing one into the middle of a class event will only bring about tragedy!" I unconsciously nagged like that again.

"I wanted to ask your opinion first, but considering that you have never had a regular activity other than your service club. Better to use the time to help the student council."

"But..."

"Stop complaining, after all, you won't be working alone, later a new student will join you."

"Hah? What? New student?"

I looked even more idiotic now. Not only suddenly become the organizer of the event, but I also suddenly had a new classmate. What kind of joke is this?

"This isn't funny sensei," I said.

"Just sit down. I have to start class."

Hiratsuka sensei was getting more and more irritated, she immediately waved her hand, a sign of repelling my presence which interfered with her time.

It could be seen from her expression that she wouldn't respond to my protests anymore.

Finally, I staggered towards the chair with a heavy feeling. Today I was really unlucky.

I hated this fucking day.

***
Kiyotaka POV

After a few days of Chabashira's announcement, a group of students who would be transferred to another school had been gathered.

From first to third years, each class had two students representing it, one male and one female. As a result, 24 students would be leaving today.

Now that we had finished putting our bags in the trunk, we gathered in the field for a piece of brief advice from the teacher before leaving.