9. 1 Don't Be A Burden

"Don't forget to give a vote."

-Author

It's been two days since we officially became class 2-B.

I can clearly see the faces of my classmates who are happy with this development.

Of course, it's because this is our class's greatest achievement for a year. Being in class B, that sure sounds like a dream. Even Chabashira-sensei couldn't stop smiling while teaching the class.

However, this serenity and pleasure could not last much longer.

After the bell rang and Chabashira-sensei left, I immediately stood in front of the podium. Everyone who previously wanted to leave immediately stopped their footsteps. They realized it now my position was higher than anyone else in this class, they might even rate me higher than Hirata now.

There were no more doubtful, confused, or scornful looks directed at me. Now they had complete confidence in my abilities.

However... They don't know all my cruel sides yet, I can break our bond without hesitation, I can leave this class at any time if I want, maybe I won't help them at all in the future.

All possibilities depend on conditions.

If I had to choose between my freedom and the normal life I dream of.

I will choose the freedom.

Even if a peaceful and normal life has to be sacrificed.

Therefore, they should know how much of a limit I can help them. Even though I'm the current official leader of Class 2-B, they still have to be independent and don't make things difficult for me as much as possible. Because after all, I won't protect people who do stupid things.

"Congratulations on becoming class 2-B." I said with a calm face.

Immediately I heard cheers of joy, some of them even chanted my name. The feeling of gratitude and happiness was clearly expressed in their tone of voice.

I see, this is indeed a natural response.

"I have a few things to tell you."

"Yes, yes, we heard you Ayanokouji."

"Thank you for everything, Kiyotaka-kun."

"Tell me everything, Ayanokouji-sama!"

"Ayanokouji-sama, we love you!"

What kind of nickname is that?

They make fun of me?

Is it because I'm not the popular guy like Yousuke that they give me that kind of nickname? This sounds a little unfair.

"Be quite please."

All cheers immediately disappeared when I gave such an instruction. After everyone returned to focus on listening to me, I started to say what I was thinking.

"In the future, I want you to not be a burden to me."

This time I purposely said it in the coldest tone I've ever used. I could see their faces contorted, and I could tell some of them were offended by my words.

"What do you mean by that, Kiyotaka?" Keisei asked.

That's right, among everyone in this class. It's likely Ayanokouji Group will be the ones in trouble in the future when that man launches his attack to get me out.

They must be aware of the dangers they face without knowing the reasons.

So let me manipulate it as Nagumo threat us, and make everyone becomes warry of that.