1. 4 Deep Thoughts

Koenji's POV

My viewpoint is too perfect to be interpreted by a novice writer who hasn't even lived a quarter-century of her life.

No one can understand me.

Not my parents, not my classmates, not even Mei Yu Wang, who has recently grown close to me.

None of them understand me.

Even if the apocalypse comes tomorrow, in their perspective I'll still be the annoying Koenji Rokusuke, who doesn't care about his surroundings and is a self-narcissist to the extreme.

I'm not going to deny it. In the end, I must admit that the only thing I have is myself. Others will look down on me if I don't have the highest regard for myself.

Because humans are arrogant creatures who always consider themselves to be at the top caste. Until someone else proves that he's not a great person, that man will never change his mind.

He'll keep thinking of himself as the great

If I had to pick the most obvious example, it would be Nagumo Miyabi, who was removed from SCP.

He's one of those conceited people who likes to flaunt his power. The strategy is devious, but also astute.

In this world, such beings have always existed. Anyone who stands out will be remembered.

They are far too intelligent. They're far too lovely. They are far too naive. They are far too unsightly. They are far too wealthy. They are impoverished.

Humans will remember those names more easily; however, in order to be remembered by everyone, you must be the 'most' person.

Because humans are creatures with logic that goes beyond logic. Because humans are expected but unexpected creatures.

Anyway, forget about that.

I'm sure your below-average brains won't understand what I'm talking about.

Now I'm going to explain what I'm currently paying attention to.

First, I was in the dining room. Yes, the scenery here is beautiful, but it's nothing new to me.

Furthermore, this is only a mid-level modern hotel with a western architectural style. Not dissimilar to the cruise ship typically chartered by ANHS.

I'm curious if they ran out of money to book a better hotel.

Or does ANHS simply want to match Sobu's standard?

Whatever the reason, I'm baffled as to why they divided us into two groups.

I'm referring to the fact that ANHS students are separated. Specifically, classes A-B and C-D.

When you consider what happened during exams and events, you will notice that ANHS always does things for a reason.

They can't do this on the spur of the moment. In fact, the students who were sent to Sobu at the time must have been asked a specific purpose.

I can't guarantee what Chairman Sakayanagi wants. However, I have a feeling that ANHS does not regard this as a typical competition.

There are far more important issues at stake here. What exactly is that?

What's a good name?

Reputation?

Or how about self-esteem?

Hah, those three things appear to be the same.

But I'm sure that's not what ANHS is aiming for. A sneaky thing is going on here, and someone is in charge of both schools.