1. 1 Destined Encounter

Hikigaya POV

The school's announcement that a sports festival would be held in a mountain was shocking. Furthermore, it was stated that we would be competing with the Kudou Ikusei school.

It was a new way to hold events in schools. To be honest, it was quite fascinating. Furthermore, this was a competition not only within our school but also with an outsider. It was novel and exciting for us.

Kudou Ikusei, in fact. The school, which has always been shrouded in mystery, took part in the fight against Sobu, which must have piqued the interest of many people.

I despised the bother. But we also had to be ready for anything.

Then, a few minutes later, a large crowd arrived, indicating ANHS had arrived.

We planned to leave in half an hour for the Karuizawa hills after gathering. The site where the sports festival will be held.

Don't ask me how this happened, I also wonder where the sponsorship fees they get for holding an event like this come from.

It was a mystery, and I had no intention of thinking about it.

Then I noticed that the students were getting off the bus one by one, and I noticed a boy with brown hair standing tall in the crowd; he appeared to be in the center of the crowd, but there was a certain distance maintained by the students around him.

The two people closest to him resembled Hayama and Miura in appearance.

The boy who resembled Hayama had a beautiful face that would undoubtedly become a girl's idol, and his smile was far more genuine than Hayama's. To be honest, he has a much better hairstyle than my classmate, Ikemen Hayama.

Then the other girl, who was currently embracing Ayanokouji's hand had an aura like Miura's; gyaru who was stubborn, tsundere, and annoying personality.

The difference is that Miura is unlikely to pursue a boy who lacks expression, such as Ayanokouji, and will instead pursue a beautiful, handsome boy, such as Hayama.

The image of Ayanokouji and the girl beside him was like imagining myself dating Miura.

I am one of the boys from the lowest category, who hold on to the hope that someone like Miura would even go out with me?

I'd think of her as the supercute girl noticed by no one else. There wasn't a possibility that someone like me could have gotten a crush on someone like her.

Muri.

It was impossible. Just thinking about it made my head hurt.

"Man, he's Ayanokouji, isn't he? He looked different since the last we met him," Ooka brought up the topic, he pointed at Ayanokouji and Tobe raised his head, seeing the direction that Ooka was pointing.

"You're right! It's him. Let's greet him and his friends!"

"Why don't you just go by yourself, Tobe?" Miura interrupted Tobe's pleasure.

"Whoa! You wanna leave me out? That's, cruel, Yumiko-chan."

"Don't call me like that, Tobe. You're gross."

"Okay fine, I won't force you," Tobe gave up on inviting the girls. Now he was looking at me.

"Hey, Hikitani! How about you accompany me to greet Ayanokouji?"

"Uhhh..." I felt like I was about to fall out of my calm expression, but I endeavored to reply calmly.

"Are you sure it's a good idea?" I only posed the question to arouse their skepticism.