8. 4 Sentimental Thing From The Heartless Guy

"Don't forget to give a vote"
-Author

Kiyotaka POV
I just stood silently listening to all of Horikita's words, she said what I wanted to say. She conveyed the thoughts I was also thinking.

There was not the slightest mistake in what she said. Overall, it's the most sensible decision.

The echo of her voice filled the classroom, everyone who could neither move nor oppose what she said. Even when she started carrying Airi's name, I couldn't resist the idea at all.

Deep in my heart, I agreed silently. I have nothing to say to defend her. Even though she's my precious friend, I also can't justify how she's left herself unchanged after so long.

The wheel of life is always running, Sakura Airi is too slow to catch up compared to the others. While everyone had changed, Airi hadn't even had the chance to change herself at all.

Horikita's decision to cut Airi's future up to this point was the most reasonable choice.

However, once again I tried to question this decision before reaching the final. Am I going to be okay with this?

Is this the peaceful life I've always wanted?

Normal life, friends, girlfriend, and experiences I never had in the White Room are the main reasons I'm here.

I know, the most important thing I have to protect is myself.

But if other important variables also disappeared from my surroundings, then what was the meaning of my existence here?

I haven't even started fighting that man yet. I haven't been faced with a more difficult problem, a more challenging threat, if I failed to protect this peace from an enemy like Nagumo. Wasn't it obvious that I would fail when I faced that man?

Saving Airi was probably the stupid and selfish decision I had to make. But losing her and destroying the integrity of the Ayanokouji Group was also a bad ending to my normal life.

Honestly, all of the students in this class are almost unreliable at all. Not all of them deserved my help enough, in fact it would be easier to cut their future for the sake of the class. Also for my personal benefit.

I looked at the clock that was constantly moving, time was ticking by ignoring the end of the argument between Haruka and Horikita. There were only twenty minutes left before the exam time was up and the penalty for the class not successfully completing the assignment was imposed.

When I looked the other way, my eyes met Kei's.

Her eyes were teary, she was holding back sadness.

What is she thinking?

Why is she looking sadly at me?

I held my chest which was beating fast, did Kei notice my current anxiety?

Seriously, how come she always see through me.

I nodded at her briefly, making Kei to understand that I was fine. Kei didn't say anything, but her bandaged hand quietly touched the back of my hand. Her hands were cold, but I understood she just wanted to make sure I was okay.

I understand Kei.

I totally understand what you're worried about now.

Then I looked back at Haruka who was crying in Airi's arms. The tears did not stop, as if this was the last meeting between them.

Is my heart sad to see the last time of my best friend?

Am I going to regret my decision to stay silent and let Horikita just let Airi out?