3. 1 Something I Know About Him

Satou POV

This time I was waiting in front of someone's room; we had agreed to go to Keyaki Mall together, but it wasn't just the two of us this time.

We went with Shinohara and Matsushita today. It was just that they had left earlier because they needed to buy something.

"Sorry for the inconvenience. Have you been waiting for Satou-san?"

Yes, Karuizawa Kei is standing in front of me.

"Not for long, in any case, but what caused you to be so late?"

I inquired, intrigued. Kei took out a tablet from her bag and showed it to me.

"I had to find this first."

"Oh..."

I honestly don't get it.

Kei always carries the tablet everywhere, if she forgets she usually looks for paper or a small book to take notes. I noticed that for a long time but still don't understand why.

"Why do you always carry that thing, Kei-chan?"

I inquired once more, as we had both walked to the elevator, which was about to descend. I noticed Kei looking around before responding. She spoke when it was just the two of us in the elevator.

"It is a secret, but you aren't going to tell anyone, are you?"

My response is a little sluggish, "Huh? Of course," I say.

Although still looking a little hesitant, Kei finally told me.

"This tablet contains records of everyone I spoke with as well as the contents of our conversations."

"Wait, what?!" I was completely taken aback.

"Why did you do that, Kei-chan?"

Kei's face darkened slightly as a result of my question.

She looks sad,"This is Kiyotaka's request."

I realized I'd triggered Kei's memory of her boyfriend.

Even though they only recently revealed their relationship, I feel sorry for her. However, Ayanokouji was abruptly transferred to an outside school.

I'm not even sure the two of them ever had a proper farewell.

"Wow, so you recorded everything, huh? Wait, what about our conversation?"

I hope Kei isn't saddened by Ayanokouji's departure; although I'm jealous, it's not her fault she misses her boyfriend.

"No, I was just recording on people from another class, I didn't record only a few people and conversations, not all of them."

"Is this what you call possessiveness? I didn't expect Ayanokouji-kun to tell you to do such a thing, Kei-chan. Even Hirata wasn't like this back then."

Kei's face turned red.

When I said Ayanokouji kept an eye on Kei, I wasn't wrong. Before Kei admitted to me that she was dating Ayanokouji, I had noticed the two of them staring at each other.

Ayanokouji, on the other hand, was staring at Kei from afar more frequently. Maybe it was just Kei who didn't notice.

They must have thought they had concealed the relationship as well as they could, but as someone who used to like Ayanokouji, I could see it clearly. Anyone who likes him, even if only at first glance, will recognize this.

***

3rd Person POV

Karuizawa, Satou, Shinohara, and Matsushita were gathering at a cafe.