Chapter 66 : For her

Y/N's POV

Today was the first day since i went to university after mom's death , i had missed so much of my syllabus.

"Hello y/n , how are you?" I was sitting in the cafeteria when Taehyung came and asked.

"I am good" i smiled as i motioned him to sit across me.

"Soo how are things between you and Yoongi-shi?"

"Fine."

"Fine?" He emphasised

"Yea." I gave him a slight smile

I wont lie , i was still not happy with this engagement, there was absolutely zero feelings between me and Yoongi-shi and it was nowhere near improvement.

I had someone else in my heart , and with him showing up again and again in front of me was making it hard for me to move on.

Only if we were like how we were back in high school things would have been different.
He was close yet so far from me , i couldn't help but wonder what went wrong?
Speaking of which there were still some unsolved matters between us that were yet to be solved.

There is just no hope for us...

"Are you alright?" It was Taehyung who brought me out of my thoughts.

"Hm yea." Just then my phone rang , it was from yoongi-shi.

"Hello , yea , alright."

"Taehyung i ll leave now , Yoongi-shi is here to pick me."

"Wait -." I got up waved him and left.

Taehyung's POV

"Wait-." Before i could stop her she left , but with what right do i stop her?

She belonged to someone else now , she was bound to listen to someone else now.

I felt my heart clench as i realised how we wouldn't be able to talk as freely as we did before , how i wont be able to get close to her , how i might not be able to do even confess to her.

No one expected sudden change of events like this , while i was looking forward to a different future , a completely opposite future knocked my life.

Is this some sort of karma too?

-
Jungkook's POV

I was making my way back to my car as i saw y/n walking out .

Even she could tell that she was receiving all sorts of glances from people wherever she walked.

"I swear she is such a sl*t." Someone said

My head quickly snapped at the direction, there was a group of students standing by as they judged y/n in every aspect.

"She got engaged to Jungkook's brother , can you believe it." Someone from other side said.

"How do so many guys even fall for her?"

"I know right whats so good about her?"

"I saw her with taehyung just today."

"And do you remember that shirtless guy , that picture that went viral, the guy who was rumoured to be her boyfriend? What happened to him?"

I tried my very best to ignore these but more and more remarks kept on triggering me.

"I heard she had eyes for jungkook too."

"Too bad she ended up being engaged to his brother." I heard laughs as i clenched my fist.

Y/n's pov