Chapter 22

HARA'S POV

Two weeks had passed after the day where we watched movie that day. And that brat, he's like being in a mute mode since then.

It's Sunday today. I saw that pathetic homeless guy laying on his bed lazily while reading his book.

I decided to climb to his bed and layed beside him. He frowned looking at me and I grinned at him. He just ignored and continued reading.

"Homeless guy, what's wrong with you? Did something happened?" I asked curiously.

"Nothing happened. And nothing is wrong with me." He replied sternly and I scoffed.

"Come on, better tell me the truth." I forced and he sighed as he shook his head.

"So, playing hard to get huh?" I smirked and started to tickling him and he laughed while trying to stop me.

"Yah stop! It's- haha! Hahaha!" He keep laughing while pushing my hands away but I won't stop until he tell me what really happened.

Seeing him laughing makes me feel relief..

"Finally you stop." He said sternly and continued reading his book.

There must be something that I can do in order to make him tell me about what really happened to him.

"Do you like someone?" I questioned and he suddenly stopped reading his book and closed it.

"It's a long story, dear." He stated.

"But I'm willing to hear it." I bluntly stated while nodding my head like a kid and he giggled seeing me.

"We used to hate each other. But there's something about her that attracts me. I guess that it's a one-sided love though. Because.. She likes another guy." He explained.

"Really? Who is she?" I asked out of curiosity and he chuckled again.

"She moved to another school." He replied.

"Well, Mr. Jeon. You told me that it's a long story but I don't think so. It took you like less than three minutes to tell me that." I teased and he scoffed.

"Anyway, come on tell me what happened to you? Is it because I'm close with your friends that's why you're avoiding them? Just like what I did when I thought that you're stealing grandma away from me?" I asked raising my left eyebrow and he gave me a death glare.

"Shut up." He said as he flicked my forehead and I squealed in pain.

"Yah! I'm asking you in a nice and polite way yet you replied me with a flick on my forehead?!" I shrieked and he chuckled bitterly.

"Come on.." I muttered.

"I'm just stressed.."

WONWOO'S POV

"I'm just stressed.." I simply replied and she frowned.

"Because of what?" She asked, baffled.

"Because.. Because this book is getting out of nowhere." I lied and she gave me a disgusted face.

"Is that the reason why you're avoiding everyone?" She raised her an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I'm stressed because of this book that I also never wanted to talk to people." I lied again and she shook her head.

"You could've just told me about it other than leaving us being worried. Don't you know what Chan is worried about you? Since he's more closer with you than the others." She stated.

"I want you to join us tomorrow. No matter what." She instructed and I just sighed as I nodded.

"Come on, I think that grandma must be preparing for dinner right now." She said as she went down from my bed and I followed her.

We both went downstairs and saw that grandma already prepared for the dinner. We took a seat and started to eat.

"Are you both getting to be well with each other?" Grandma asked smiling and Hara made a disgusted face.

"Seriously? I'm just persuading him from sulking, that's all." She answered, evidently annoyed and I just let her be.

After eating, we both went to our room back. She took a seat on her bed while I sat beside the window.

"Don't you missed your parents?" She suddenly asked and I stared at her.

"Of course." I replied.

"But, I haven't seen you texting with them. Or even calling them." She frowned.

"I lost their phone number, I'm serious." I stated sternly.

"What about their address?" She asked again.

"I do still remember but, I decided to just go back home when I graduated. It's just a few months more until I graduate though." I answered and she just nodded.

"I thought that you are really homeless." She bluntly stated and I gave her a death glare.

"Kidding!" She exclaimed teasingly and ended up laughing. I just chuckled seeing her being stubborn like that.

"Do you like Seokmin?" I dared to ask.

"What?! Of course! You've asked me this before and my reason was because he's handsome. Forgot about it already?" She smirked.

"Like as in?" I asked again.

"Like as in.. A friend. I don't wanna date him. I only wanna date Chan but he's just younger than me so I guess, I have no chance to be with Chan." She grinned.

I suddenly felt relief.

"What about the rest?" I raised my right eyebrow and she scoffed.

"Just like what I said, I only wanna date Chan. They're just friends to me. Or maybe dudes." She teased.

I just chuckled as I shook my head.

"Hey!! It's good to have the emo you back! Give me a poker face." She jeered and I shoot her my poker face.

She bursts out into laughter and I rolled my eyes.

"Goodnight, emo." She switched off the light and layed on her bed while wearing her purple blanket.

I just shrugged and went to my bed.

-