1 : Yes! I'm dating a hot guy. But let's discuss something else

"How was your date yesterday?" asked Devika aunty with a frown.

"Good," I answered, trying to act nonchalantly. I hate inquisitorial Indian mothers. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Devika aunty, it's just her inquisitiveness.

"You went on a date! And kept that quiet?" exclaimed Aarav.

I tried hard not to roll my eyes as I replied, "It wasn't a real date, he invited me to watch his Lacrosse match and we grabbed some lunch."

"It is a date right, what else could you possibly do!"

I glared at him. Aarav's acting skills are legendary, especially in front of his mother. Aarav is my best friend and knows that I have been dating for more than a year now. I cannot believe Devika aunty still buys all his innocent acts.

"Which is his team?" asked Aadhya, Aarav's sister.

"Badgers."

"Hey, they are quite famous, really... hot guys," drolled Aadhya.

"You are 12!"

"Yes, but not blind."

At this Devika aunty frowned at her daughter. Poor thing, I allowed myself to feel for Aadhya. But the feeling was not long-lived.

"Who are you dating?"

"Creed."

"One of the Creed brothers! Which one?"

"Alec"

"No way! Alec Creed!!" she said dreamily.

"Yes."

"Shut up!"

"You know him?"

"Who doesn't?"

"Lucky you! Have you guys.."

I groaned internally. This is the problem in dating a hot guy, everyone wants to know whether you slept with him. Firstly, I don't act like a naive girl who freaks out about sex. Secondly, why would I date a hot guy and not bang him?

My mom gave me a sympathetic look. I frowned back, it was her fault that Devika aunty knew about my date. But I have to give my mom some credit, she managed to keep it silent for an entire year.

"Aadhya! That's enough!" scolded Devika aunty. Turning to my mom she continued, "You give her too much license, Sita, allowing her to date at this age!"

She gave a look that conveyed i-don't-think-its-good-you-are-spoiling-her-and-you-should-learn-parenting-from-me. And yes she managed to convey all this with one look. She was very good at giving looks.

"I hope this won't affect our study plans. I would hate it if it affects our chances of getting into universities," added Aarav with a straight face.

I wanted to punch him. Devika aunty looked horrified at the very prospect.

"Oliviya is dating -" started my mother, but the rest of her sentence was cut short as Aarav coughed and spluttered.

My mom gave him a sly smile. Oliviya is my other best friend and Aarav's long-standing girlfriend. She has been on her pills for more months than me. Study plans! We have not even once studied on so-called study nights. They should be rephrased as makeout-nights.

Aarav was permanently grounded, not as a punishment. This was how things worked in most Indian households. Even though they were living in Canada, Devika aunty was an Indian at heart. The only way his mother would allow him out of her sight, i.e to my house, was when he used studying as an excuse.