38: It's gross to make out in public

"How was your match today?" I asked. Senthil called from the same coin booth.

"We lost."

"I am sorry."

"Don't be, we had no chance of winning."

"How long do you think you would stay here?"

"We will leave in two days."

"Mohan sir did mention he wanted to watch the matches and learn tactics."

"Mmmm"

I hesitated. How does one ask a guy out without looking like a wanton?

"Any plans for the new year?"

"No."

"I am traveling to Yelagiri with Sai and his friend. Would you like to join?"

He was silent.

"Hello, you there?"

"Yes."

I didn't have my hopes up, but it was disappointing nevertheless. We both were silent for a long time.

"How long will we be staying?" he asked.

"You are coming?" I asked in glee.

"Yes."

"We will be staying for 3 days and 2 nights."

"Ok."

"I will pick you up tomorrow. We can go shopping."

"Shopping?"

"Sai says it gets cold at night, we may need sweaters."

"I will wait for you at 10 AM. Don't come inside the school."

"Ok."

I was skipping with joy as I told Sai that Senthil will be joining us. I went to the mall and had a thoroughly enjoyable day with Senthil. My cheeks hurt from the constant smiling. As always I did most of the talking. I bought new clothes for us.

"Here," Sai threw a small box to me as I sat packing for our trip.

"Sai!" I grumbled.

"What?" he asked mockingly.

"I don't think I need this."

"It's better to be prepared."

"I am sure I won't need it."

"Just pack it."

Even though Senthil was with me, I couldn't help but feel irritated by Neethu. Ravi maamaa let Sai borrow his Range Rover again. Neethu and Sai took the front seats. 

The agony mounted when Neethu chose to completely ignore our presence and do unspeakable things with Sai, who to my indignation didn't say anything to stop her. Senthil closed his eyes and pretended to sleep, but how do you cut out all the moaning she fabricated, as Sai kept both his hands firmly on steering. I have never seen a woman moan when touching a guy.

When I could take it no more, I said angrily, "Sai, pull over."

Sai looked at me through the mirror, meeting my angry eyes he pulled over immediately.

"It's not even an hour since we started, can't you hold it in!" Neethu said.

I didn't dignify her with an answer.

"Sai I want tender coconut."

Sai joined me as I walked to the street vendor. Neethu joined us clinging to Sai's hands. I stood glaring at Sai, who didn't meet my eye. I walked away from them to stand with Senthil.

"I hate her."

Senthil just looked at me and then at Neethu.

"Should she do all that with us still in the car? It's gross."

"Sai didn't seem to mind."

"Yes, he is completely shameless. I shudder to think what I would do if you didn't come with me."

When Sai returned to the driver's seat, I stopped him saying, "I will drive. I don't want to get into an accident while you drive, making out."

I drove while Senthil sat next to me. Neetu was now on top of Sai. I blasted the music with the hope to drown all the sex noises. Thankfully both got bored after a couple of hours and the rest of the journey was mercifully peaceful.

"Sai, I am not very confident to drive in the hills. Swap?"

I opened the sunroof and stood. I pulled Senthil along. It was so much fun to speed through the hills. We reached the hilltop in 40 minutes. Senthil 'Woohoo'-ed in joy everytime we took a hairpin bend.

"You know what this reminds me of?" Senthil asked me.

"Law of inertia."

He recited the law of inertia to me, making me smile. I never in my wildest dream would have believed that Newton's laws of motion would be a romantic topic to discuss. The speeding car made us lean this way and that way, effectively making us the real-time application of the law of inertia. We were both giggly.

Senthil whispered, "I love you," wrapping his arm around my shoulders as we got down.

I blushed as I whispered, "I love you too."

"Just get a room," mumbled Neethu irritatedly. It was rich coming from her. 

I am not going to let her ruin my first ever outing with Senthil.