13: Colour-coded timetable is a real turn-on

I was dead tired when I reached home. Too lazy to wash up, I just slumped in my bed. I must have dozed off and woke up drenched in sweat.

It was Saranya (See I have not added P, meaning she is Senthil's sister, try to remember I don't want to keep mentioning it), she had switched it off the fan to sweep the floor. It was 5:45, his impeccable hot brother will be here on time. I am cursing not praising him.

If you have never been to India, you need to know the layout of the bathroom, particularly the bathrooms in the house which were built before your father's time.

No bathtub

No shower, only taps

Hot water and cold water come in separate taps, you should catch both in a bucket and do complex rocket science calculations to make the right temperature for the bath.

No cloth hanger. Makes you hang your clothes in weird places like the door handle, the pipe leading to tap or you may leave your clothes out and just bring a towel, but I prefer dressing in the bathroom.

In my case, all the above-mentioned points are true. Wondering why I am monologuing in points and titles? You keep forgetting I am a nerd.

Try this tip in your next exam, I guarantee an 'A'

Tip 1: Answer things in point either with numbers or stars

Tip 2: Throw some fancy titles for long essays

Tip 3: Use a black pen or marker to highlight important keywords

These tips always work, how do I know? Imagine a professor correcting papers of the entire class, will he really go through each and every line, if you did these fancy things he will just see that and give points and move on. You can call him a bastard in the next line and get away with an 'A'. 

PS: I haven't tried the bastard thing though if it did work out let me know.

I collected my clothes and headed to the bathroom. Forget about the geyser, when I opened the cold water tap I was confused for a minute whether it was the wrong tap, water came boiling hot. Cursing the sun, I washed. Really I saw no point in washing as the hot water made me sweat again.

I made sure I didn't slip this time. Senthil was waiting for me.

"Hi," I said.

He didn't look at me as he said, "Hi".

"Back to not looking at me," I mumbled.

He chuckled and replied just as quietly "Yes, it's safer this way."

"Safer?"

He didn't reply, but he was smiling looking at my feet.

"Shall we start with the homework?" I asked.

"I already completed it."

"You completed it already? When did you?"

"I completed at school, Here is the plan of training I drew for you."

He showed me the schedule he made. At the top were a timetable and the lesson plan to be completed each week. It was color-coded and well planned. And it turned me on, told you I am a nerd.

"This is well planned, but I want to prepare for NEET too."

He spotted a supercilious smile as he turned the planner and showed me the training plan for weekends. He had included NEET and JEE (Competitive exams for Engineering). Can he be any more attractive?

"Impressive," I said. He blushed, it was difficult to tell due to his dark skin but I was in close proximity to know.

"Since you know only 12 letters in Tamil, let's spend an hour in Tamil daily."

"How did you know? Were you watching me during the Tamil period?"

"Yes, me and the entire class."

I blushed, he knew how to knock me off to the floor, would it hurt just to say yes. We continued our lessons.

"What do you want to be, Senthil?"

"A teacher."

"Yes, I can see why. You really are good at teaching. Is that why you want to be one?"

"No, I don't like or dislike teaching."

"Then?"

He looked uncomfortable but he countered me with his own question, "Why do you want to become a doctor?"

"I always dreamed of being a doctor, I think it's a cool profession. My mom, uncle, and cousin are one."

"It must be good to be able to dream."